Probie

Summary: A pre-fixit fic I made before episode 3 of season 6 where Carina takes a pregnancy test with Maya, not Vic.

—————————————————————————

Even at their apartment, Maya runs. She runs on the treadmill, eyes forward, not daring to look at anyone else in the room, or Carina at the doorway.

Every time they try to talk, it ends up in a screaming match. Carina knows it's not good, but she also doesn't exactly know what to do.

She's tried to come off calm and civil, but something happens and the conversation explodes into a full-blown argument.

They need to make up. They need to come to some sort of agreement, she knows that. She at least had to try and fix this.

She could be pregnant.

They need to talk. Carina's aware that Maya's obviously not well. That she's being self destructive. But she doesn't know how to get Maya to admit that she needs help. It feels like they are going in circles every time she brings it up.

"Maya?" Carina asks, trying to get Maya's attention. The blonde doesn't seem to hear her, being too deep into her head.

"Maya?" She tries again, saying it a little louder as she walks further into the room. This seems to do the trick since Maya's eyes flicker over to hers for a second.

It wasn't for very long, but Carina knows that she finally has her attention.

"Can we talk?" She questions carefully, hoping to keep this discussion peaceful and actually get something out of it.

"Not if you are going to try and sell me on the idea of therapy again," Maya replies straight away, still barely looking at Carina. The wall seems to have more of her attention at the moment. Not her wife.

"Why is it such a bad idea?" Carina mutters, not expecting Maya to hear her.

"Because i'm fine. You think i'm crazy or something. I don't need therapy. I'm fine," Maya declares firmly and Carina takes a step closer to the treadmill, still keeping her distance.

"Maya, you're not fine. From the moment you wake up to the moment you go to bed, you're either running or working. It's not healthy," Carina states, trying to make sure her words sound soft and light. She's aware that Maya responds better to that tone compared to yelling.

Maya doesn't say anything, but Carina notices how she turns the speed up on the treadmill, just a little.

It's a step to remove herself from the conversation, but Carina isn't done.

"I used to go to therapy," she says and Maya glances in her direction, so she keeps going. "When I was sixteen. I had really bad anxiety and so much of my life was changing since Andrea and my mamma left."

"I hated the idea of therapy, at first. I thought it was stupid and I didn't think it would work," Carina adds. "But I tried and it was uncomfortable, but as I continued with it, I slowly got better. I felt more happy and less panicked. I could live a happier life again," she explains.

Maya looks back in front of her once more, but she has a different look on her face. And while usually Carina can read Maya like a book, she can't right now.

She hasn't been able to lately and maybe that's why this has been so frustrating.

"Therapy doesn't make you weak. Asking for help isn't a bad thing." Taking a step closer, Carina places a hand on one of the handle bars of the treadmill. "You don't have to suffer alone, Maya."