Exhausted

Summary: Carina finds Maya in the shower.

An extension to the end of 6x04.

—————————————————————————

Looking around the station, stoping and quickly scanning each room Carina passes, she searches for her wife.

Maya had told her she was going home with her. To hopefully sleep and recharge. Something Carina's relieved to hear.

Her wife isn't well, this Carina knows. Some rest should do her some good. It won't fix all their problems, but she hopes that it will bring Maya some sort of clarity and peace to her overtired and overworked brain.

But as she moves through the station in lookout for Maya, Carina gets more and more confused as to where she took off to.

Maybe she ran home?

Carina shakes her head, hoping that isn't the case. She saw Maya limping earlier, a telltale sign that she hurt her bad ankle again. The last thing she needs is for the pain to get worse because she decided to run on it.

The brunette takes one more look, going to the spot of her last guess as to where Maya could be. She did say she was going to take a shower after all.

Slowly cracking open the door to the showers, she hears that one is on, making Carina sigh in content, knowing that the person occupying the stall has to be Maya, proving that her wife didn't just kiss her and run off. Disappear.

It doesn't sound like something Maya would do, but lately she's been acting abnormal to her usual self. So honestly, Carina isn't sure if Maya would or wouldn't do some of the things in the back of her mind.

But all feeling of solace quickly vanishes at the sound that pricks Carina's ears. She doesn't believe it to be true, shushing her brain, telling it to be quiet so she can zone in on the noise.

And it is. What she's hearing is correct, not something she's imagining in her mind.

Maya's crying. Not just crying, sobbing.

Carina's heart breaks.

She takes tentative steps towards the shower curtain, gripping the material, and slowly pulling it back, her eyes meeting Maya's disheveled figure.

At the noise of the opening of the curtain, Maya rapidly looks up before aiming her line of sight back down. She places her face in the palms of her hands, her eyes being covered from having to see Carina's pitiful gaze.

Seeing Maya soaking wet, having not removed her clothes before entering the shower, and how Maya's sobs don't stop, even when she knows she's been caught, Carina doesn't need to think twice about her actions.

She steps straight into the shower stall, not minding how freezing cold the water is, Carina sinks to the floor right next to Maya's side.

Without saying a single word, Carina slips her arms around Maya's stiff body, trying not to think about all the times in these last few weeks that she has denied Maya's touch.

"Stop," Maya whispers, feeling utmost shame at being found in this state. She doesn't want Carina to see her like this. She should be stronger.

But Carina knows her wife almost better than she knows herself. She's aware that Maya wants her comfort, that she needs it, but she doesn't want to let herself have it.

That would be a weakness right now and Maya wants to be strong.

Maya tells herself that she must be strong. Maya Bishop isn't weak. Maya Bishop doesn't show her emotions. Maya Bishop sucks it up.