𝟎𝟎𝟓. the sun also rises

· 。゚☆: *.☽
S W E E T     D E V I L 

☽▎S W E E T     D E V I L  ▎

· 。゚୧ ⋆. 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗦𝗨𝗡 𝗔𝗟𝗦𝗢 𝗥𝗜𝗦𝗘𝗦. ₊˚.༄
ACT ONE  ━━━  CHAPTER FIVE,
02x21 ; why are you doing this,
briar? aren't you on our team?

          𝓦as she betraying her friends by basically helping Klaus? Yes. Was it for their own safety? Also yes.

But when Elena Gilbert saw the Lockwood girl, a flash of betrayal and disbelief was all Briar could identify on the doppelganger's face.

"My duty is to Klaus! The new order."

"Glad to know I still have a dance partner." Briar scoffed at the two 'good' friends and averted her eyes to the three rings of fire holding Elena, Jenna, and Jules. "Hello, my lovelies."

The doppelganger was quick to notice the brunette standing beside him. "Briar?"

"Hi, Elena," Briar smiled but it fell once she saw Elena's aunt sitting on the ground. "Jenna... how are you feeling?"

Jenna Sommers hugged her legs to her chest and shivered, seemingly still unable to process what happened to her. "...Weird."

"Briar, why are you with him?"

The girl stood up from her crouched position and faced the Gilbert girl with a serious look. "I'm here to assure the safety of the rest of our friends so they won't get hurt trying to save your ass, like always."

Klaus handed the moonstone to Greta and then glanced back at the tribrid who was currently walking towards Jules' ring of fire.

The blonde werewolf opened her eyes to see the girl looking down at her. "Briar," She gritted out as she squeezed her stomach, her insides eating her out.

Greta had placed a spell on the werewolf, making it so that her transition to a wolf would slow down — of course, that would only make the whole thing a lot more painful.

"Briar... H-help me!" She cried out. "Everything I did... I was just trying to help Tyler!"

Briar nodded and gave the older girl a small smile. "And I thank you for that, Jules. But I'm sorry, I can't stop this."

"I didn't want him to be alone, please... you need to understand that, Briar."

"Shall we?" Klaus taunted just as Jules' ring of fire disappeared.

The werewolf gave Briar one last look of sadness before she sped to Klaus but it only resulted in her laying on the ground with Klaus hovering over her; hand in her chest, ready to rip her heart out.

A tear fell from her eyes before he ruthfully ripped her heart out.

Briar stood in the same spot and a guilty look overtook her expression.