03 | Butterbeer

Already 2 weeks into working there, Vivienne still hadn't been spoken to for taking an order. She went to a few tables to ask them if they need anything and she was just ignored.

Castillo rolled their eyes to the back of their head every time they were approached and not her. "Are you seriously not going to do anything?" They asked her. "I get it's a quiet Sunday but still..."

"I've been trying it's just-"

"Hello." A boy with round glasses interrupted them, facing Castillo. James Potter. "Please can I have four butterbeers?"

A small grin crossed their face. "I'm actually going on my break. You can speak to her." They pointed to Vivienne and took off their apron, immediately leaving.

"Hi. Can I please have-"

"It's okay, I heard. Four butterbeers yeah?" Vivienne asked, getting the glasses out and ready.

"Yeah, thanks." James smiled.

"Alright, I'll bring them to your table in a minute." She started making them, very careful not to mess up. She noticed he wasn't leaving. "You can go back to your table. You don't have to wait here."

"Yeah I know, it's just four drinks seems like a lot to carry with only two hands, so I can do two and you can do two."

"Ah, right. Thank you."

James frowned as he studied her face. "Hey, do you go to Hogwarts?"

"Um, yeah. 7th year." She looked at him and smiled awkwardly.

"Are you new then?"

"No." She put two ready butterbeers on the table. "Been here since first year."

"Huh. I haven't seen you before though."

Vivienne finished making the other two drinks. "Your butterbeers are done." She took two and he did the same, taking them over to his table where they were greeted by his 3 friends. "Do you want anything else?"

"No thank you, we're all good." Peter grinned as he sipped his drink.

Sirius pulled James back into the seat next to him. "Okay mate, don't you think Remus would look great with my style? I keep on asking him to let me-"

She walked away from the table, heading over to an empty table. She picked up the empty glasses that were left and took them over to the sink. She felt pretty weird that there were people who genuinely didn't know she existed at Hogwarts.

She always knew it, but it felt weirder being said. She scanned the tables to see if anyone needed help, or if any tables needed cleaning.

Her eyes crossed the Marauders' and she noticed them all looking at her and murmuring.

Vivienne did an awkward smile again, quite embarrassed by the fact that she was being watched. She quickly turned away to wash the cups.

When she turned back around, all 4 boys were sitting at the bar stools. "Hello?" She frowned.

"What's your name?" Sirius asked.

"I-"

"First and last name," Remus added.

"My name is Vivienne Astor." She reminded herself. And told them.

"Are you sure you're our year?" Peter questioned her as if it were an interview.

"What Pete means," James cut in. "Is that we just haven't seen you before. So we don't know if you transferred or something."

"No." Vivienne shook her head. "No, I've been here since first year. I'm sure."

"But we haven't seen you. And we've seen everybody." Sirius propped his elbows on the bar.

"Well... Sirius, I've been sitting next to you in Astronomy for the past two years." She pointed to him then the others. "Remus I've been in your Potions class since 4th year, Pete I was your Herbology partner last year and James we're in the same Defense Against the Dark Arts class. We sit two seats away from each other."

The boys all looked at her, all seemingly guilty of their ignorance. "Shit." Remus breathed.

Castillo walked back into the shop, instantly freezing upon seeing Vivienne's 1:4 conversation. "Astor, you okay? Boys, back off." They all got off of their seats and went back to their tables. "What was that about?"

"Well, you left me for 10 minutes and then I accidentally made the boys question their attention to detail." Vivienne watched Castillo's shocked expression. "... They didn't believe I was 7th year."

"Silly, ignorant boys." Castillo looked over to their table to see them still looking. "Pricks. Don't be offended by them though. They're just self-absorbed."

"It's not just them though, is it?" She leaned against the mahogany and tilted her head. "Pruitt, you didn't know I was your year too until two weeks ago."

"But-"

"It's fine though." Vivienne turned back around and continued cleaning the counter, refraining from looking back at that table.

She didn't care that they felt guilty. Nor that they didn't know her. It wasn't hers or theirs fault. But then she wondered, if she didn't care, then why did she keep on looking back?

*:・゚*:・゚