51 | Wedding Day

"Oh my god," Castillo gasped when Vivienne stood before them.

Her dress looked even better than it did when she wore it in the store, her hair was clipped with gold hair pins to keep out of her face and her makeup made her practically glow.

"You are..." They wiped the corner of their eyes with their knuckle. "I'm so happy for you Astor. Have you got your vows?"

Vivienne nodded and inhaled sharply. "I'm trying so hard to not cry right now."

"Cry of happiness, right?"

"Kind of," She breathed. "I just... I wish my siblings were here."

"I know," Castillo gave her a hug. "I'm sorry they couldn't be here."

She pulled away as Mary and Lily entered. "You okay?"

"You look so pretty," Vivienne grinned as she saw them in their blue dresses.

The girls exchanged compliments until they heard the wedding march play.

"You ready Astor?" Castillo asked, holding out their arm for her to link it with.

Without reply, Vivienne linked her arm with theirs.

Mary and Lily began to walk from their tent, and down the aisle to the other end.

And a few moments later, Vivienne and Castillo stepped out too.

James' grin grew wider and purer upon seeing her.

Fairy lights were entwined between the tree leaves which made everything seem even more magical.

Vivienne's heart raced when she saw James, dressed in a smart suit.

Euphemia placed her head on Fleamonts' while she began to cry, he simply held her as he cried too.

Vivienne was let go by Castillo as she stood by the arch, standing in front of James.

"You look..." He whispered. "I fucking love you."

Vivienne laughed softly. "Thanks, the lipgloss was a Christmas present."

This realisation made James' heart burn. His future wife.

"You may be seated," The vicar stated. "We are gathered here today to celebrate one of life's greatest moments, and to cherish the words which shall unite James Potter and Vivienne Astor in marriage."

James barely heard what he was saying, as all he could think of was how perfect Vivienne looked.

And she didn't hear what he was saying either, as all she could think about was how glad she was to have read that job flyer.

"Marriage is the promise between two people who love each other, and who trust in that love, who honour each other as individuals, and who choose to spend the rest of their lives together."

The rest of their lives.

The rest of my life with her, James thought, what a perfect life to have.

"This ceremony will not create a relationship that does not already exist between you. It is a symbol of how far you have come since you met."

"It is a symbol of the promises you will make to each other to continue growing stronger as individuals and as partners."

"No matter what challenges you face, you now face them together, and no matter how much you succeed, you now succeed together. The love between you joins you now as one."

I am lucky to even be half of James, Vivienne thought.

"Now, I believe the bride and groom have a few words to share."

Vivienne smiled as Castillo passed her her vows. "James, the early days when I met you again, I won't deny, did make me question your sanity." Guests laughed. "But as I got to know you I came to figure out how amazing you truly are."

"I came to notice how you'd help younger students while they were lost. I came to notice how you'd always drag someone into your conversations so they didn't feel left out. And most importantly I came to notice how genuinely pure and kind you were."

"There was a time in our relationship where I ruined that side of you, and I regret it dearly, but now and then I used to wonder if we would be where we are now if it hadn't happened."

"But it is clear to me now that everything in my life has led me to you. I think back
on all of my choices and consider even the bad ones blessed, because if I had done even one thing differently, I might never have met you and become your wife." She held back tears as James let some of his fall. "I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you as we make mistakes, because I can't wait to see how we end up."

She folded her vows and placed them beside her.

James cleared his wobbly throat. "Vivienne, there were so many times in our relationship that I wondered what I did to deserve you. To deserve the girl who loves stars, the girl who helps house elves with cooking and the girl who baked me a fucking amazing cake for Christmas."

"But in those times, there was never a doubt in my mind, as I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you. When we are apart my heart yearns for you to come back and when we are together I feel complete."

"I promise to give you the best of myself and to ask of you no more than you can give. I promise to respect you as your own person and to realize that your interests, desires, and needs are no less important than my own."

"I promise to share with you my time and my attention and to bring joy, strength, and imagination to our relationship." Both began to cry now, along with many others. "I promise to keep myself open to you, to let you see through the window of my world into my innermost fears and feelings, secrets and dreams."

"I promise to grow old with you, to be willing to face changes in order to keep our relationship alive and exciting. And most importantly, I promise to love you in good times and bad, with all I have to give and all I feel inside in the only way I know how.
Completely and forever."

"May we have the rings?" The vicar asked while Peter handed them to him.

"Vivienne, from this day onward, do you choose James to be your husband, your best friend, and your only love? To live together and laugh together; To work by his side and dream in his arms; To fill his heart and feed his soul; To always seek out the best in him; Always loving him with all your heart, until the end of your forever?"

She nodded, "I do."

"James, from this day onward, do you choose Vivienne to be your wife, your best friend, and your only love? To live together and laugh together; To work by her side and have her dream in your arms; To fill her heart and feed her soul; To always seek out the best in her; Always loving her with all your heart, until the end of your forever?"

James smiled, "I do."

They placed the rings on their fingers and held hands. "By the power vested in me, I pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."

Without hesitation, James wrapped his arms around Vivienne and kissed her, while her arms slung around his neck.

"I love you," He whispered. "And I'm so glad to call you my wife."

"I love you too, and I'm the luckiest woman in the world to be able to call you my husband."

They pulled away and the guests began to cheer. The two walked back down the aisle hand in hand as the ceremony began.

*:・゚*:・゚