Chapter 25 Like Father Like Son

Standing there in the parking lot of the Twin Towers, he kissed her, and she let him. He told her good night, then bent down and kissed her for the second time. Again, she let him.

Dressed in uniform the Global Airways pilot, turned and walked toward his car. Terri Landers gets into her car and drives off the lot.

What am I doing? Have I lost my mind? She asks herself. Then, she answers herself. Hell yes, you have lost your mind. You are setting here, confused after allowing a man to kiss you, twice.

All of this started two days earlier when she was in Arlington Twin Towers. She was standing waiting at the elevator. The door opens and he stepped out.

His name is Ethan Andrews. The big crowd around him seemed to disappear and evidently, the big crowd around her seemed to disappear also, because they both just stood there staring at each other.

"It's been a long time." He got those words out.

"Yes, it has." Was the best she could do.

By now the crowd that has been there all along, has become impatient and brushed past both of them.

He took control of the situation and led her to a bench. They gave each other all the compliments that could be expected. They said the things that should be said to someone who they had not seen in years. Sitting there exposed, on the first floor of the mall was making Terri feel uneasy. She felt guilty, but she wanted to talk with Ethan, and she wanted to do that in Private.

According to her nail tech, the best place for clandestine meetings is The No Name Bar in the Arlington Twin Towers. It has a reputation for being a love the one you're with, hideout. Terri thought, certainly none of those Camelot people would ever go there. Unknown to Terri, Jill Kavanagh is a regular, Kenneth Walker knows the waitresses by name, about half of Marcus' dates have chosen the place and Deidra has been there a few times.

She gave him the name and location of the bar where her nail tech frequents. He told her that he would be flying in after eight in two days. The date was set.

Ethan was seated when she walked into the bar. She scanned the room before she took her seat. What she saw made her think that her nail tech was right. As she was taking her seat, she felt the necessity to explain her choice of meeting places. "Ethan, just so you will know, I am not a regular here. This is the first time that I have ever walked in the door."

Ethan laughed before saying, "I understand. I ordered you a Merlot are you still a red wine girl?"

She said, "Yes, I am, and thanks for remembering."

They just chatted waiting for the drinks to be delivered. After the drinks came and the waitress left. Ethan jumped right in.

"I noticed your wedding rings at the mall. "How long has it been."

"We got together a year after you left, and we have been married for almost three years."

"Is he a great guy?"

"Yes, he is."

He looked directly into her eyes and said, "I am really glad for you."

She smiled and said, "Thanks, but I don't believe you."

They both laughed. After that laughter died down, she told him how glad she was to run into him. She told him that she felt bad about how their relationship ended and how neither of them got closure. As she was starting to go into details, she was surprised at how open he was to have that discussion.

They got it all done and cleared the air and moved on to have an enjoyable evening. As she is driving on her way home, her thoughts go into a recap of the whole situation.