GIRLFRIENDS: NOW "Toni's Home" 1

Scene One: The camera pans to Toni and her husband Benjamin's new home in Sherman Oaks. Toni is seen rummaging through a box in her living room. Joan stands in the kitchen making tea. From the back room, Toni's young son, Javier runs in with his grandmother, Carmen running in behind him. 

Javier: (running towards Toni) Mami, yo quiero jugar! ("Mommy, I want to play!") Please, mami!

Carmen catches up with Javier and she stands by him trying to convince him to play with her.

Carmen: (crouching down to Javier's level) Papi, abuela va jugar contigo. ("Papi, grandma is going to play with you.")

Javier: (turns to face Toni) Yo quiero con Mami! ("I want to play with Mami!")  (throws himself on Toni's lap)

Toni: (picks up Javier on her lap) Papi, mami va jugar contigo tan pronto termine. Ok? ("Papi, mommy will play with you as soon as she is done.") 

Toni holds Javier on her lap closer and she wraps her arms around him. Joan hands Toni a tea cup and offers Carmen a cup as well.

Carmen: (reaches for the teacup) Gracias, Joan. ("Thank you, Joan.")

Joan: (to Carmen feeling proud) De nada, Carmen! ("You are welcome, Carmen.") 

Carmen: (reaches for Javier) Papi, vente. Vamos hacer un rompe cabeza. ("Papi, come on. Let's go do a puzzle.")

The camera pans to Toni giving Javier a quick squeeze and a kiss on the head. Carmen takes Javier by the hand and exits the room. 

Joan: (sitting down on the couch) Toni, I am absolutely amazed at your Spanish! My little Spanish 101 only goes so far, although, I did learn how to say, do you need health insurance?

Toni: (shocked) Do you need health insurance?! What the?! I'm not even gonna ask. (shakes her head)

Joan: (laughs) Don't you remember that first semester in college, I worked for that insurance company in Echo Park? I told them I spoke Spanish but all I could say was, "Tiene plan de salud?"

Both Toni and Joan laugh as they continue to sip their tea. 

The TAG/INTRO ends here.

The camera pans to the doorbell ringing as Toni continues to unpack. Joan gets up to answer it but as she walks to the door, Toni yells toward the door.

Toni: (yells toward the door) Come in!!

Joan: (laughs and shakes her head) Well, I almost made it to the door...

Maya, Lynn, Shayna, and Karolyn walk in. Karolyn walks over to Joan and gives her a big hug and kiss. Karolyn clings to her mother.

Maya: (to Toni) Girl, this is NICE! I love it! (looks around Toni's house)

Lynn: (looking around and into one of the rooms) Yes! Where is the Lynn room designated?? (goes to walk into another room)

Toni: (yelling after Lynn) Girl, you got money now, so you better get out of my rooms.

Lynn: (yelling from the other room) Girl, this one with the bathroom is NICE!! I love it!

Toni: (yelling back to Lynn)  Lynn, that is the master bedroom, get out!

Lynn comes back in from the other room.

Lynn: (to Toni) Don't fight me on this, but I will even consider taking that small room next to the master bedroom...