~ Family ~

How long has it been? A week? A month? He lost track. He never was good with time.

Lila should be home soon, he thought, staring down at the ground where Pump and Skid sat, watching a movie. He'd put on a "scary" movie, that movie being Coraline. They seemed to like it so far.

His head swung towards the doorway as he heard it open, hopping up to help Lila with groceries.

"Oh, thanks Sal" she hummed gratefully, though waved him off. "You've done so much to help out already, just relax!"

"But-" he started, only to be cut off.

"No buts, go sit down and I'll make some snacks for you all"

Sal hesitated, before sighing and trudging back to the couch, nudging a Happy Fella doll away with a grimace. He hadn't even noticed it sitting there before.

After a few moments, Lila came back with two bowls of popcorn, setting the smaller of the two in between Skid and Pump before settling down next to the blue-haired boy.

"Do you have plans for Halloween?" She asked, popping a few kernels into her mouth. "Skid has been pestering me about getting you to join him and Pump"

"Oh- I mean, I'm up for it." He shrugged. "S' better than sitting around doing absolutely nothing, and who could say no to free candy."

Lila smiled, turning her attention back to the movie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ufmgmg hi :) updates will be wonky um Lila is my mom now nezt chapter i will call her mom