Rain, Rain, Go away

"Minutes later, when there was another scary & suspenseful scene, I felt two arms wrapped around my own arm..."

Rider's POV:

I felt the warmth of a pair of shivering arms, wrapped around my own.

I thought that Goggles had declined my offer. It didn't offend me, but I was disappointed.

So, when I felt two warm arms wrapped around my own, I felt a sensation I've never felt before.

Gah!! My eyes widened out of shock. I clenched the bottom of my shorts, gripping them.

Goggles' shivering slowed down after a few seconds of holding onto my arm.

The frightening scene ended, but Goggles continued to hold my arm, warmth emanating from his body.

I loved this feeling...could it be...Goggles who's causing this feeling? My face lit up. Do I actually love this dork?!

All of these thoughts roamed freely in my mind. To the point where I didn't even pay attention to the horror film. Goggles simultaneously invaded my mind, but I honestly didn't care.

A few minutes passed, and we're still in the same position. It seemed like Goggles never wanted to let go of me.

I tilted my head, placing it on top of Goggles' head as my eyes lowered.

~~~~~

Goggles' POV:

I held onto Rider's arm out of fear. I didn't realize what I did.

"Woah!-" Rider exclaimed, sounding alarmed.

My mind went completely blank.

I realized what I've just done.

"Uh.....OH I'M SO SORRY RIDER!" I screeched, becoming a blushing mess. I quickly returned to my original place on the couch.

Oh cod. Rider's gonna think that I'm a complete weirdo! AAAAGH!!

"...It's fine, you can...stay here I guess." Rider said quietly, looking away.

"....Rider?" I said lightly.

I was completely baffled on what Rider just said. I've never seen him this soft before.

"I don't mind." Rider said softly, looking down at the floor.

I didn't move

And with that, we both continued to watch the horror film.

~~~~~

A few minutes have passed since the whole thing with Rider. I never would've thought that Rider had a soft side, but I witnessed it.

I'm pretty scared of horror movies, any kind. But with Rider in mind, that calmed me down.

Another scary scene was shown, not as scary as before though.

I leaned next to Rider, wrapping my arms around his own, pressing up against him.

Rider stayed quiet.

I continued to watch the movie, clinging onto Rider, even when the scary scene ended.

"Goggles, the scene is over." Rider said quietly.

"I know!" I grinned, looking up at Rider, still holding onto him.

"Heh....uh..you could let go now." Rider said blushing, attempting to wriggle his arm out of my firm grip.

"Aww...but you're comfy!" I said, snuggling up against him.

Rider sighed. "Goggles, don't you think this is kinda weird? I mean, it's not that I don't like i-"
Rider stopped and went completely silent. He looked at me with a blank face for a few seconds and looked away.

"Wait what- YOU DO LIKE CUDDLING??!?" I screeched. I let go of Rider for a second, leaning my head into my hand. "That's cute."

"Tch, like if it's any of your business." Rider said, rolling his eyes.

I grinned, quickly clinging onto Rider's arm again.

"Hehe~ Don't worry! I like it too."  I said, holding onto his hand.

"You're an idiot."

"If you say so!"

~~~~~ 10:30 PM

The movie ended. Me and Rider ended up staying in the same position all the way until the end.

Rider turned off the TV once the credits started rolling.

"That wasn't as scary as I remembered" Rider mumbled.

"WHAAAT??! HOW DID YOU NOT FIND THAT HORRIFYING!?" I questioned Rider.

"Well, maybe if you weren't clinging onto me for half of the damn movie, it would've been scarier" Rider said, crossing his arms.

"Sorry, not sorry!" I cheekily grinned.

*BOOOM*

A struck of lightning crashed near the apartment complex, roaring thunder followed soon after.

"Ack!" I covered my ears from the loud noise.

Rider patted me on the back. "It's alright, dude."

"I know, I know, it's just that my ears are quite sensitive." I scratched the back of my head.

Rain started pouring once I spoke.

Rider walked towards the window.

"Whew, it sure is starting to pour out there.." Rider observed.

I walked next to Rider, looking out the window as well.

Rider turned his head towards me.

I looked back at him.

"Can I staaaaaaaaaay?" I wrapped my arms around him, tightening my grip.

"Get off me you idiot!" Rider said as he whacked the top of my head.

Rider sighed and looked out the window again.

"I guess it sure is starting to pour out there.." Rider rolled his eyes. "Ugh, fine. But only this once, I don't need you to be staying here all the time...even though that would be nice-"

"Hm? What was that, Rider?"

"Nothing" Rider said, crossing his arms.

I shrugged

"Hooray!! Sleepover at Rider's apartment!!"

"Tch, whatever."

-

A little authors note-
*Okay, so in this story, rain isn't lethal, but it is a bit harmful to inklings/octolings. It's very mild though.

Hello readers!! Happy new year! I hope you guys have an amazing year! I'm sure that this year will offer great opportunities for you. With that aside, I hope that you enjoy, and I'll see you next time! Buh bye! :D

1.4.23