Snooping

"I sighed as I hugged back Goggles, who was already snoring."

-

Rider had fallen asleep, having guilt wonder around his head durning the night. He felt lucky being in Goggles' presence. He hugged him throughout the night, kept awake by his harmful thoughts.

~

Goggles' POV

I suddenly woke up by someone squeezing me. I grunted as I turned around to face whoever was squeezing me, still dozed off.

"Hm, hello?" I asked with heavy eyes, rubbing them.

"Go to sleep, Goggles." A familiar voice muttered.

I honestly forgot what happened last night, who was on my bed?!

I uncovered the blanket from the person who was next to me, it was Rider with dried tears on his cheek.

"Rider??..." I turned my head sideways.

"Hmph." Rider didn't respond with any sort of verbal response, but it was obvious that he was either pissed off or just feeling melancholy.

"Riderrr!" I shook his shoulder.

"Are you alright?" I asked him, he seemed like something was wrong.

"Goggles, why do you like a guy like me?" Rider mumbled as he covered himself with the blanket again.

I saw where this was going.

"I can name a few, actually!" I raised a finger.

Rider turned around.

"First of all, you're like, one of the most attractive inklings I've met before. Secondly, you're cool. And lastly, you're very strong, I like seeing that, especially in you." I listed off various things as Rider started to blush a bit.

"So, there's no reason to ask why." I pecked him on the cheek as I clinged onto his body.

I wanted to comfort Rider at all costs, I hate seeing him like how he was a few minutes ago.

"Thank you, Goggles. That actually meant a lot coming from you." He turned around, facing me.

"Sure thing, Rider! I'm not a liar, after all!" I grinned as I start getting ready to get back to sleep again, holding onto Rider.

"Goodnight, Goggles. I love you." Rider kissed the top of my head while hugging onto me as well.

———

Sunrise peeked from the bedroom window, shining onto my eyes, waking me up. I felt two warm arms holding me. Rider was still holding onto me whilst having a tight grip. I didn't want to move, that would wake up Rider.

Plus, I like it when we're together like this, so I'll just stay here until he wakes up.

About 30 minutes had passed, and I felt the tight grip release a bit. Rider had woken up! I sat down on the bed, and waited for Rider to fully wake up.