pregnancy

The room sat still. Stuff and still. The expectant sitting quietly in her own little world, unaware of her being watched by the occupants of said room. Thinking to herself as she picked at her nails.

"I wish I could do the lilac I want or maybe sunflower yellow. It's such a bright and sunny day, I just want my nails to match but sadly I can't. At least not right now."

Huffing into her hands as she continued to rotate her hands front and back just gazing at them but her mind off somewhere else.

The tension in the room built as she continued off in her own mind.

"Unless I'm morphing. I know that I'm standing right here and not sitting over there. So, Portia, who the fu- mmm, who are you sitting on?"

Hearing her lover's voice, her body reacted and she instantly looked his way, glancing at her nails once more as she answered so casually, as she tilted her around to glance behind her shoulder,

"Ben motherfucking 10. He got the Benjis and the bitches, ya know?"

She chuckled to herself as she had been finding herself amusing herself throughout the days, recently.

Still laughing as the room became even tenser as now no one was moving, just waiting. Looking and waiting.

"And you just sitting there!" Her lover yelled at his long-time friend, upset that he was allowing this. Ben shrugged confused about what he was meant to do. The pregnant woman sat on him and he couldn't reach his cellphone and his other friends weren't in the room and remembered that you are not allowed to scare pregnant women. So in a nutshell, he was in a conundrum. He felt his heart ache as he gazed at his friend's hurt expression. Without a second moment, he watched Ken gently grab his love's hand and help off Ben's thighs and the couple left the room.