pregnancy

Ken rushed back on the bus, in search of his notebook that he is sure he left on the bed in one of the bunks, he swiped his hands across the mattress of each bed before leaning down and searching underneath the two bottom bunks, as he surveyed the dark abyss of one bunk and then under the other across from the previous, not catching sight of it he stood slowly searching his mind of where he could have dropped it, until soft giggles clouded his mind, turning towards the hallway that led to the back of the bus, he was faced with a large closed mahogany door, as he inched closer the giggles grew into laughter, he stood there with the handle in his palm confused, he slowly pulled the door open and was met with the sight of his sweet love munching on various what looked like candies in massive bags, reaching her hand into one at a time-devouring two pieces of sweets as her hand reached into another filling her mouth.

This must have been what was making her giggle in the first place because once her mouth was full she made a face to herself and her head flew back as her dainty hand lay against her chest as her giggles filled the confines of the quiet room.

Ken stood there watching the scene play out in front of him, noticing that this was what was keeping her entertained this whole time because besides her giggles the room was devoid of any other noises.

His heart leaped for delight when her sweet voice flowed through his ears enveloping him in a warm embrace,

With her arm stretched out to him, grasping one of the bags and gesturing to the others surrounding her, she offered,

"Sweets for my sweet?"