pregnancy

"And don't start that pregnancy shit either cuz I don't give a fuck about you crying right now!" Boomed from the back bedroom and radiated throughout the house.

An angered Kentrell stood in the bedroom as he did his best to regulate his breathing and not rile himself up further. She sat a few feet away from him, holding her belly as she continued crying. She rubbed her stomach again each time a new set of tears began. After some time, she knew her throat wouldn't hurt, and she spoke, looking directly into Ken's eyes as his hadn't left her figure since he last spoke,

"Ken?" Shaking his head, he came close to her, whispering a quiet "no" in her ear before going over to their room door and slamming it shut, locking them both in there.

"I asked you one question, and you haven't given me a straight answer yet, or at least one that's believable."

Ken held his arm across his face as he cried into the bend of his elbow, feeling his face getting hot, thinking to himself,

"Why is this happening?"

The daylight shone into the room as Ken's weight leaned against the room door. As his heart rate normalized, he assessed that the two of them had damp, flushed, red faces,

He quickly rubbed his tears away, and she was still crying; he began to fall apart once more, crying as he tried desperately to wipe his face as he cried, hiccuping and gasping as he did.

Ken finally stopped facing her, noticing she was already looking at him. He scoffed as he rubbed the tears and dampness from his face.

Coming as close to her as possible, he didn't want to yell again because it didn't feel right coming from him and being directed at her.

He sat on the window sill he had stopped crying and dabbed his face dry. He closed his eyes as the silence lulled him to sleep. He opened his eyes and immediately rushed across the bedroom. He blocked the door, removing her hand from the bedroom door handle,

"No, you're not going anywhere, so stop! chill out!" He snatched her shirt out of her hand and put it on the side of him on the bed.
He let go of her quickly, with the shirt in his hands,

"Wait, I'm sorry for snatching you." he removed his hand from her, placing his hands by his sides. He spoke slowly once again, gingerly this time, "Chill out. You are not going nowhere." He put her back on the bed.

"so, stop yelling then," she asked.

"but that's that bullshit because why you- " he stopped midway, his words choked up in his throat and his voice emitting a quiet sob into his palms.

Why was she sitting on his lap, and why was this coming about suddenly? He held his face in his hands, watching his beautiful love remembering her sitting on someone other than him; his eyes wouldn't allow him to register it. He didn't want to.

He waited until she was close enough. He gently took hold of the two items of clothing she was wearing, pulling her closer. He wanted to forget everything that happened. He held the camisole and stretch shorts in his grasp, watching her as she quietly folded. He turned to her as she stood at the back of him.

"Please? You know I can't live without you. You fucking know that!" He rose on her as he stalked over to her, standing near her back, leaning against her shoulder. "Man, please."

She wasn't pushing him off of her but not acknowledging him either. His eyes traced the part of her face he could see, and he felt his heart growing. She's so gorgeous.

With his mouth in his lips, he pulled her fingers and pushed and turned her to sit on the space, "Honey bear, I don't mean the shit. I don't mean to curse, especially not at you. I didn't mean to yell. I'm just frustrated. Because why the fuck are you doing that with him, and are you planning on leaving me?" He couldn't help but curse again. But he needed an answer. And so far, she hasn't answered sufficiently enough for him.

The silence was loud.

His face became wet once more for what felt like the umpteenth time. Refusing to remove his face from her, he kept eye contact with her, "You know I love you. I can't live without you. So please give me a good enough reason to sustain me for the rest of my life. Please?"

She looked away from him as his tears met their conjoined hands, seeping through the smallest space and onto their awaiting palms.

A slight hiccup made her pull him close to him as much as she could, considering her stomach; his tears flowed freely as she cradled his neck and his head against her chest.

The room was void of sound as he felt himself calming but not accepting this being the end of them because there was no fucking way that was true. And considering she hadn't answered his question, he cried harder, longing for her.