Prologue

There were once two rich and powerful families in the sprawling town of Subcon Forest. Children ran and played on the dirt streets and woods without a care in the world. And it was thanks to these two families that the people of both the new and old generations can live in peace.

One day the two families thought it would be a good idea to unite their families through the union of their only children. Lady Vanessa and Lord Lukas.

At first, the marriage thrived. They loved each other to the point where they were close to wanting to form a family together.

Unfortunately, Lady Vanessa's love for the Lord grew to the point of where she was constantly overbearing and controlling him. And when it came to the point where she accused him of infidelity. The young Lord had enough.

Within that month he filed for divorce. To which she refused. After the incident she said that she wanted to "make it up to him". And by that, she tricked him into eating dinner with her that only had sedatives to knock him out. And later locked him away in the secret wine cellar that they kept hidden from prying eyes of the servants.

He was down there for so long that he was on the brink of death. But at 12a.m. on New Year's, he had mysteriously taken back the mansion through powers of unknown origin. And not even a day afterward, he made Vanessa sign the divorce papers and sent her deep into the woods on the other side of Subcon at a desolate manor that they hardly used. With her handful of trusting maids, they all left and weren't seen since then.

To this day, it is unknown how the young Lord managed to attain such dark and mysterious powers.

Some say that he was holding back from his ex's family and that they were a family of magicians the entire time. Others say that he was desperate enough to make a deal with the devil. But whatever happened that day is between the young Lord and his ex. With the exception of a handful of servants.

It's been seven years since then. And the young Lord has continued his cold hearted solitude with his servants and whatever spirits that seem to haunt the mansion. And ever since then, Subcon Forest has become more on edge. Cold and distant.

But that was to change as two young girls had moved to town one morning.