ACT 1: Arrival

As the carriage pulled through town, the two young ladies that rode in it, one of them 23 and the other 26 of age, eagerly looked out the windows to see the townsfolk.

Both women were red headed, though one was a darker shade and the other lighter with purple highlights. The younger with dark red hair had green eyes while the older had purple eyes and they were both wide with wonder at how busy and bustling the town was. Where they were from was in the countryside right beside Subcon's neighboring town, Mafia Town. And back there… wasn't a whole lot of excitement except for the danger factor of predatory animals in the woods and the occasional Mafia member lurking around town. So this was all new to the women.

As the carriage pulled into the forest and past the town's square, they were breath-taken by the beauty of the sun streaming through the bright green forest.

The younger one of the women looked to her cousin in excitement.

"Isn't this grand Wren?! I can't believe we get to work for the young Lord that runs this town! I mean sure the work will no doubt be tedious but it'll be worth it to see and experience the beauty and culture of this town like our parents told us!" She said with excitement in her green eyes. The same green that matched the glowing trees.

 “Yeah! I’m excited! And nervous… but mostly excited.” Wren replied with a small smile. 

As the carriage pulled up to the mansion, the women were astonished at the mere SIZE of the place. Memorizing all the details and intricacies of the artwork on the house would take forever. It was like a palace instead of a mansion.

The carriage pulled to a gentle stop in front of the mansion's entrance. There waiting was a middle aged man in a black suit and an older looking woman in a fancy maids outfit.

The women stepped out of the carriage with the help of the head coachmen and walked up to the two people while the coachmen unloaded their luggage from on top and the back.

"Hello. You must be the Twin Duke's daughters? Miss Wren and Lydia Starlight? It is an honor for you to lend your assistance and aid to our staff. I am Leroy Cardwell, the head Butler of the Ironheart estate and this is Melissa Wright, headmistress of the maids and servants." The Butler bowed while the headmistress curtsied.

The two cousins curtsied back.

"It's a pleasure to meet you as well. Yes we are the Starlight cousins. I am here for the position as the head nurse while my cousin here will be our new Lord's secretary. And of course we'll help all we can with assisting the other servants with our… "gifts"."

The women weren't just ordinary nobles, no. They were of two different kinds of magical creature descent. Wren being part vampire and Lydia being part white witch. They were called in because of not only their prowess in their powers but also to form good relations with their families since the other deal for familial relations went…. south. 

"Now the only thing that we ask of you is of a few separate rules. The first one is to follow strictly to the T on the master's orders when given to. The second is not to go into any of the master's private rooms unless given permission to. And the last one is to NEVER mention the previous wife of the master. Do not even utter her name in his presence. Or in general, he'll know." The Butler informed.

“Y-yes sir..” Wren stuttered, suddenly nervous. 

The servants nodded and began to move forward towards the inside of the mansion. And as soon as they weren't looking, Lydia had a mischievous idea. She looked around to see if anyone was watching. No one was except Wren. To which she was confused about until… Lydia raised her hand in the air and saluted off with her middle finger. Blatantly flipping the very existence of the mansion off.