𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗

Do you believe in souls?

Supposedly every living thing has one, it's what defines them.

And by extension, do you believe in soulmates?

The idea that everyone has the perfect someone out there waiting for them somewhere. It sounds so perfect, so beautiful so..... idealistic. Not to mention unrealistic. I'd like to believe they exist, really I do.

Though I suppose the belief in souls could also have something to do with religion, but I don't know. There's no way something that perfect could actually exist, right?

Well that's just my thoughts and of course you have your own, so I'll leave it up to you to decide.

╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╝

Having to get the train at 3 am should be illegal, especially when it's during the winter, especially when the sky is pure white and there flakes of snow falling continuously, forming a thick, frosty layer on the ground and freezing everything in sight.

Wrapped in a coat and scarf (y/n) stood at the platform shivering, their teeth chattering as they hugged them self to try and contain the small amount of heat they had.

(Y/n) really hated their job.

No that's a lie. They loved their job, it's what they had always wanted to do. What they really hated was the extremely early start to the morning. Being in the bakery so early was important for the business after all but it was exhausting nevertheless.

What makes it worse is that the station was always totally empty, not a single person. It was also the same on the train. It felt so eerie it was almost unsettling.

That is save for one person. (Y/n) knew nothing about him but he was always at the platform at the exact same time as them everyday, though -despite it being the early hours of the morning- his appearance was always immaculate and somewhat graceful. He never had drowsy eyes, he always looked as though he'd been awake for a while but had gotten a good amount of sleep, which (y/n) found a little strange, and his eyes were always bright, no excitement nor annoyance on his face, just complacency.

In the summer he had worn a sleeveless, turtle neck shirt with a jacket and in the winter he was wrapped in a coat with a fluffy scarf the covered his mouth. He always wore headphones and a solemn expression on his face. But to simply sum up what (y/n) was thinking every time they saw him, he always looked good. Seeing him was the only reason they found that painfully early journey bearable.

They knew nothing about him except for the fact that he always waited and got on the same train as them every single day, he even got off at the same stop as them. (Y/n) could never figure out why he was their either, he was dressed nicely, didn't carry any bags and didn't appear at all tired. Though today he seemed even more attractive for some reason, perhaps it was because of the light dusting of pink on his usually pale nose and cheeks from the bitter cold.

(Y/n) had never spoken to him even though they made sure to take a few glances every time they saw him, though not once did they notice him looking at them. It was almost like they didn't exist to him. Now that they think about it he always had that feeling about him, that he was unbothered by everyone and everything, whether it was the falling snow or the pouring rain he always seemed unaffected by it.