𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟼

Shu sat on his bed as he waited for (y/n) to finish their shower. He could still hear the sound of running water since his room's right next to the bathroom.

Today he learnt something about his bathroom, something he'd never realised before. How could he have realised it earlier? He lives alone after all. However, it turns out that when the bathroom lights are on and someone is in the shower, even with the shower curtain drawn, you can see the silhouette of their body just faintly.

Shu clasped his knees as he fell sideways onto his bed and buried his face in his pillow. He lay there a while before regaining his composure are sitting up again, he had to prepare the spare room for (y/n). He heard the water stop running just as he had prepared everything and a few minutes later (y/n) poked their head into the room.

"Thanks for letting me shower here, and for the clothes," they sat down on the bed next to Shu "I really didn't expect it to keep raining, I'm sorry for bothering you like this."

"Oh it's really no problem, I'd rather you stay here than get sick. Ah, I prepared the spare room for you so you can sleep in there tonight." Shu explained as he stood to show (y/n) to the spare room.

When they entered the room (y/n) had expected it to either be empty and plain or to have been used as a storage room, but instead it was very different than expected. There were posters in the walls and jackets hung up on hooks, Shu had called it a spare room but it certainly looked like someone was staying in here.

(Y/n) looked around the room and Shu seemed to have noticed the confusion on their face. "It's my brothers room, though he doesn't live here anymore he often comes over for a few nights so he keeps some of his things here."

(Y/n) hummed in understanding before stepping further into the room.
It made sense at to why Shu had such a big house for living alone, they had though it was a little strange since not many people would buy a house for themselves like this. It felt a little strange knowing that they'd be sleeping in Shu's brother's bed even though they'd never met him but they supposed it was fine since he doesn't live there permanently.

Now that (y/n) thinks about it, they never even knew Shu had a brother so that was also a little surprising. "Are you sure it's okay that I stay in here? Would your brother be okay with that?"

"Yeah I doubt he'd care, but if it makes you more comfortable I can stay in this room and you can take my bed," Shu offered but (y/n) shook their head and insisted it was fine. "Mysta probably would never even know that you stayed here if I don't tell him, he doesn't really notice stuff like that."

And so (y/n) spent the night sleeping in Shu's brothers room.

-:-..☯︎ ..-:-

In the morning (y/n) would usually be awoken by their blaring alarm and a headache to boot, but this morning was different. This morning, (y/n) woke up to a gentle shake on their shoulder and the soft sound of Shu's voice "hey (y/n), we need to get ready for work."

They looked up at him and blinked multiple times, usually he had his hair tied up neatly but now his hair was a bit tussled and his bangs were held back with a clip with his long hair falling over his shoulders. It was truly a beautiful sight, certainly one anybody would want to see when they first wake up. "Hmmm, g'morning."

"Good morning (y/n)," he smiled as he gently rubbed their arm "we still have plenty of time for you to wake up so there's no rush. I'll get everything ready for you okay, just don't fall asleep again."

(Y/n) nodded and smiled "thank you Shu."

"No problem." Shu placed his hand on their cheek for a second before retracting it and leaving the room. The feeling of his hand lingered on their cheek. It was such a light touch, like a feather floating in the wind. It was a short touch but one that (y/n) found themselves missing immediately.

They groaned as they dragged themself out of bed and to the bathroom to wash their face.

Shu had prepared breakfast for them both and it was sat on the table when (y/n) came into the kitchen.

"Hey, you made breakfast?"

"Mhm, it's nothing much but I wanted to make sure you ate properly before work."

He may have said it's nothing much but it's still much better than what (y/n) usually ate before work, which consisted of a drink and maybe a piece of toast if they had enough time.

"You have spare clothes at the bakery, right?" Shu asked as he took a sip of his drink.

"Yea." (Y/n) yawned as they are their food and hummed in satisfaction "hmmm, this is really good."

-:-..☯︎ ..-:-

Just a short update this time, again sorry for the wait. I'm finishing my final project at college soon so I should have more free time (hopefully).

They weren't lying when they said it's hard being an art student.