04: A smiling cockblock

"He what!?" Daemi almost exclaimed while we both hurried back and forward to grab the foods the costumers wanted.

"Anything else?" I asked the costumer I was assisting.

The man shook his head, which I hated when they did that.

"Have a nice day." I smiled, extending the bag filled with three donuts in. I didn't even bother waiting for a reply as there were no other costumers in queue, finally, so I could talk to Daemi without interruption.

"He gave me a note." I repeated more simplified.

"Oh my god, how long have you been dating?" She questioned.

"We're not dating!" I replied quick witted, "I only met him a week ago."

"So?" She quirked her eyebrow.

I didn't say anything. Another costumer came in and Daemi assisted the woman. I looked down at my hands and noticed they were dirty so I went to wash them.

"I think it's cute." Daemi said as the costumer had left, "The note."

I smiled, thinking about it again. So do I. 

"Oh my god!" She exclaimed and I almost got a whiplash from turning my head so quick to face her.

"You're blushing!!"

"I am!?" I said, almost in a panic like manner, as a respond to her energy. I grabbed my phone from the back of my pocket, unlocking it and opening the camera. I noticed the pink tint on my cheeks and touched them and tried to rub it off.

"You like him!" Daemi spoke again.

"Daemi!" I nudged her shoulder and looked around to see if anyone was listening.

"I never thought I would live the day you liked someone!"

Right, Daemi had started working shortly after me a year ago. We were both born within the same year, so we grew quite close pretty fast. Despite we didn't hang out a lot outside of work, we knew much about each other. As far as she knew, I was independent and "didn't need a man" as I used to say and after my brother's death, she also knew how I didn't even hang out with my friends anymore.

"I don't like him." I denied, putting away my phone.

"Yes you dooo." She teased in a baby voice.

"It's only been two dates, besides our first meet at the bar." I reasoned, trying to brush her accusation off me.

"So?"

"So what!?" I exclaimed, being it was the second time she'd lead me on like that within 10 minutes.

"If it's the right one, it doesn't take long to fall in love." She smirked while saying the words.

"Fall in love!? Calm down girl." I laughed about it, trying not to think too much of her words.

"Okay, that might've been a small exaggeration I admit." She laughed along with me and we did that for a while.

"Girls!"

Both our heads whipped to the side, finding our boss standing in the doorway to the bakery's kitchen. I loved our boss. She was a nice old lady, but she could be terrifying, both because of her attitude, but also because she was the one in charge of my salary.

"There's costumers!"

Again both Daemi and I whipped our heads the other way, noticing a queue consisting of 3 customers waiting.

Shit, I thought and before I even got to hear my own thought, Daemi had run up to the first costumer.

I chuckled at that, knowing how much she cared to do good at work.