09: Stalker

It was Saturday and one of the first ones in a while where I did not have work early morning. My parents were both home and I could hear the TV running as I woke up in my silent room.

I sat up in bed and moved to the edge, letting my legs dangle over it. I felt how my muscles were sore and even thought it was almost 12 pm, my head felt heavy.

Jimin had driven me home the same morning, early. After last night, I stayed overnight accidentally as I fell asleep and Jimin didn't wake me. However he had practice early morning and had to wake me up and drive me home 7 something am. As I got home, my mother had been nagging at me for not giving her a warning about where I slept sooner than midnight. Jimin had apparently texted my mother from my phone, making sure she wouldn't get worried. I appreciated that. If he hadn't, my mother would've probably killed me. Now, I'd gotten away with her nagging and luckily nothing scary.

As my mother was done, I went straight to bed and slept until now.

I rubbed my eyes and stretched my body slightly, hoping it would wake up and get a little less drowsy. As I opened my eyes again, they fell on my jacket that was on my chair. I wondered why I'd brought it to my room, so I got up and headed to our entrance.

"Finally you're up. You should be grateful I didn't tell your father anything!" My mom said as I entered the living room.

I squinted my eyes at her, mostly due to the brightness of the day that blinded me as it entered the living room, "Thank you." I mumbled, making my way towards the front door wobbly and with slow steps. My legs were drained from all energy.

As I reached the front door, I hung my jacket on the peg with a weary effort.

"Wait, where is dad?" I asked my mom, stopping in front of the door. She didn't get to answer before the front door opened and my dad walked in, "Ah you're up finally?" My dad said as his eyes fell on me.

I hummed as a reply. My eyes fell down to his hand which held a lot of papers. Within the bunch he was holding, I noticed the typical little piece of beige folded paper with my name on it.

"I emptied the letter box." My dad informed, noticing my eyes on the papers in his hand.

"That's for me." I said and grabbed it quickly, my reactions awakening immediately and a lot of energy reentering me. Whatever it said this time, I did not want my dad to read it.

I hid it behind my back and smiled at my dad, before I turned around.

"I thought it was, what is it?" My dad asked, making me halt my motions of walking away.

"Just... something from Jimin." I spoke, choosing to be honest. 

There was nothing to hide really. They had already met him and I really seemed to like Jimin. I shouldn't be hiding that from my parents.

"Ah, that guy from the grocery store?" My mom turned around on the couch, intervening in the conversation.

"Yeah." I replied simply.

"You should bring him home sometime, he seems lovely." She added.

It wasn't the first time she asked me to bring him home. She didn't even know him, but seemed to always talk about how kind, generous and funny she thought he was. Maybe she was blinded by his looks, my mother always wanted me to find a handsome man. 

I hummed, slowly starting to move and when none of my parents said more, I made my way to my room.

I almost jumped in my bed, my body filled with energy after my eyes landed on the note in my father's hand.