05: My story

It was Thursday morning and I had just showed up at work. My shift hadn't started yet, I decided to come a bit earlier to get some breakfast. Daemi had been there since the opening at 5 am. My shift would start at 9.

As I finished my breakfast, I grabbed my bag from the floor and went to the dressing room to change into my work uniform. I sat down on the bench in the dressing room and opened my bag. The first thing that caught my eye was another small yellow folded paper.

Unconsciously a smile grazed my lips as I picked it up. The butterflies inside me completely shoved away my thoughts about how Jimin had gotten it in there. We went for a walk after my shift the other day, he might've put it in the bag then while I was distracted.

I opened the folded paper, and my eyes ran over the words.

After reading it, I quickly changed, noting my shift had already started. I almost ran out in the front, "See Daemi!! He did it again!" I exclaimed. I didn't know whether the energy boost came from the breakfast I ate or the note I had read. Thursday mornings were one of the less busy days luckily, so no costumers were in queue.

"What?" Daemi questioned, less enthusiastic. She yawned as she waited for my answer.

"Jimin, he left me another note." I said and waved the note in front of her eyes.

Her eyes widened and she reached for the paper and took it from my hand.

"Can I read it!?" She asked excited, already opening the folded paper before I nodded.

Wow Peaches,

She read it out loud, but stopped already there, "Peaches? What cringy nickname is that?" She uttered.

I nudged her shoulder, pretending to be offended, but really I couldn't blame her. I had the same reaction as she did when I read the first letter. But after re-reading it a hundred times, I had grown to like it. I knew it was Jimin who had written it, so I couldn't help but adore the nickname.

"Stop, it's cute." I huffed. I tried to grab the note from her hand, but she dodged my attempt.

"Whatever you think." She shrugged and turned to continue reading the letter.

Wow Peaches,

I didn't know you were so wild. I saw you outside a door the other day. You're a pretty thing for sure, be careful.
- JM

"What does that even mean?" Daemi scrunched her nose and I noticed her eyes running over the words one more time.

"I'm not sure." I shrugged, "Maybe he's trying to be poetic?"

Whatever it meant, a tingle spread in my body as I read the words. I imagined him saying it in the low, husky voice he had when we made out at his apartment last Friday.

I hadn't seen him since then. We'd texted a lot and Jimin had even FaceTimed me, saying he missed my face. It was cute, I thought, and it made me wonder if what Daemi had said was right. We hadn't known each other for long, yet I felt like a little girl inside just by the thought of him.

"He called you a thing?" Daemi interrupted my hallway of thoughts and looked up from the note.

"Daemi!" I slapped her on the shoulder, harder than before, "I call you my favorite thing, Isn't it the same?" I reasoned, scoffing at her remark, "Obviously he doesn't mean it like that. You don't know him, he's not the guy to say that!"

"Okay sorry Y/n..." She put her hands up defensively, "I just worry about you, I don't want you to get hurt." She said.

"Get hurt?" I repeated and huffed. I felt a pang in my heart. I was hurt. I hurt so much, my heart hurt so much. If Jimin was the only person, who could make me feel as if my heart was healing again, I was willing to take the risk. I knew my brother wouldn't want me to be in pain like I was.