Chapter 8: Secrets

Emmet was laying down soundly on his shared bed in his room. The sleep he had just gotten with Lucy was probably one of the best he'd had on years. It was like he was back in his regular, follow the instructions life. Except this time, he had the greatest person in the Universe with him.

Oh... That's right.

Emmet quickly but quietly shifted in his bed to see his newly found Fiancee (and Man Upstairs, he melted at saying that word) sleeping as peacefully as he was just a minute ago. This trip honestly could not have gone better. His Girlfriend said yes... She wanted to marry him, as much as him to her. He couldn't be happier, even for being Emmet Brickowsi.

To start another awesome day ahead, Emmet pressed a warm kiss to Lucy's lips, which seemed to wake her up just to kiss him back. She smiled brightly at her Fiancee.

"Mhm, morning Ems." She said in a playful tone. "Last night was incredible."

"I agree, I can't believe you actually said yes. I'm so happy we're getting married."

Lucy looked at him with an innocence she found too adorable, but also attractive for words to describe. "You know I love you. I do want to marry you Emmet, but a, that's not what I was talking about. I meant" she gave him a passionate kiss. "After you proposed, and we came in here." She then gave a wicked smirk, looking like she was about to go back to what she was doing last night, and kiss Emmet senseless once more.

Emmet suddenly blushed, realizing what Lucy was talking about. She had suggested they do something a little more privately and romantic, since they could finally be alone and comfortable, with no one interrupting them this time.

Don't get me wrong, Lucy loved the company of their friends, but she when it came down to literally anyone else or Emmet, she'd go with Emmet every time. She then leaned in to kiss Emmet.

"So, what do you think your Dad has planned today?" She said after a few moments of kissing him to feel his smile.

"Hmm, I'm not sure. We could get up a little early and go see." Emmet gave Lucy a gentle kiss to her forehead, then they both got up from the bed, and got dressed in their usual wear. Emmet with his regular Construction Vest, and Lucy in her casual Hoodie and Pants. There was just something about each other's clothing choices that made them look at each other like they had fallen under a sort of love spell.

"You wanna go get some breakfast before we head over to see my Dad?" Emmet asked as they walked downstairs."

"That's ok, I think they'll be having some kinda lunch where we're going."

Then, before either could speak again, Venizelos walked up to them, a deep concern on his face. "Emmet, Lucy."

Emmet piped up. "Dad! There you are. Are you ok?"

"I, I'm afraid not... I've, gotten a report from Prince Pavlos' residence. He... He has less then a day left."

Emmet and Lucy were left in shock, and then sudden sadness at hearing of the soon to be loss of another Leader. After a moment of silence, Lucy chimed in.

"I'm very sorry to hear that. He sounds like a nice enough guy."

"Yes... Emmet," Venizelos turned to his son. "You and I are to go meet with the King in his home, along with Metaxas, Papagos, and Papandreou. We are to be there in his final moments as a sign of Honor and recognition."

Emmet hadn't been to a funeral before, and was wondering if it would be as sad as people told him. "Oh, okay Dad. Do you want me to change into something more fancy?"

"That would be appropriate, yes. You and I are to leave, but, I'm afraid Lucy cannot come. She was given a job to do by Metaxas."

Lucy seemed intrigued by this. The about to be Leader of an entire Country asking her for a favor? "What's up, then?"