Move forward

Jason DeLuca

This woman will forever amaze me.... It's literally only been a week and she says she feel better. She's been trying to get out of bed and move around but I won't let her.

Nova groans and slaps my hand out of the way as she tries to get up yet again "Jay move I'm fine!" I shake my head and and gently push her back down into the bed "Nnnnno. Get your ass back in the bed. You need to rest."

She throws her head back "UUUUUuuuuuuugh" when she brings her head back down she rolls her eyes at me and mumbles "I'm only listening this once because I don't want to hear shit about me nOt LiStEnInG later on."

I roll my eyes at her and the doctor comes in. She looks at him annoyed "Doc I'm fine." I mumble under my breath "LeT tHe DoC dO hIs Job." She scowls at me and I instantly look at the wall like it has something very interesting on it.

The doctor holds up a black strap with a squeeze thingy on it "I'm just here to check your vital signs that's all super woman."

She puts Theo of her fingers to her neck and gasps. Both the doc and I get closer to her and look to see what's wrong. She looks at both of us "There's a pulse. And it's beating!"

We look at her unamused and her plops her hand down beside her "I am perfectly fine. And I'm ready to leave this whiteout room, discharge me."

You can hear the frustration and irritation in her voice. The doctor rubs the back of his neck "I would like for you to stay in the hospital one more night before you leave. I just want to make sure that everything has fully healed, it's been through a lot of trauma."

When I see her start to smile and tilt her head to the side I can tell she's about to say something smart. I cover her mouth with my hand and look at the doctor with a blank face "Thank you. We'll leave tomorrow. Enjoy your day."

He gives me a tight lipped smile, nods his head, then leaves the room. When he closes the door behind me I remove my hand from Novas mouth. She looks at me with her 'I don't give a fuck face'.

I see her leg slowly start to more and I grit through my teeth "Sit your ass down."

She throws up her arms and then lets gravity pull them back down. She's so sassy today.

She sighs "Well since we're going to sit here bored out of our fucking mindsssss." She moves herself to sit up straight while in crisscross applause "You can tell me either thing that I've missed."

I poke my lips out and look to the wall. I knew she was going to ask but I didn't know it was going to be this early. She gasps at my reaction and lightly slaps my arm "Spill it. Is Octavia ok? What about the others? What happened?"

I clean my throat and look at her with seriousness. She's going to get mad "Scoot over." She frowns and moves further onto the bed. I sit in front of her and place each hand on her thigh, rubbing my thumbs back and forth.

"When we were on the mountain. Everything had gone according to plan until Octavia got distracted and caught by one of Joon-Woos men." She nods her head as I talk.

"When they brought her north of the mountain. You turned yourself over to Simon and hurt you. I think that your mind traveled somewhere else to the point where you didn't know what was happening around you."

She nods her head again "While you were in your thoughts. I ordered Enzo and my father to take Joon-Woo's kids."

She frowns at me "It took them a while to get them up the mountain because they put up a fight. Not a strong one though. It was just difficult because they were trying not to hurt them which delayed them getting up the mountain."

I sigh "When then made it to the top Simon was mindlessly pulling you towards the edge of the cliff, I guess he was so consumed with rage that he forgot about his surroundings as well. Joon-Woo noticed and let continued to hold Octavia at gun point."

I close my eyes "There was supposed to be a fair swap. His family for Octavia. It all happened so fast that I couldn't keep up."

Nova grabs my hand to comfort me. I open my eyes and look into hers "A gunshot went off as they were switching. It went to Joon-Woos shoulder. And then another gun fired at him, but his wife got to close, got in the way..... she got shot in the stomach."

I shake my head "....she was pregnant." Everyone was in shock and didn't know what to do. He held her in his arms and the kids were crying and I...I just turned around and went to you. You were my priority."

Nova places her hand on her chest where her heart is "But Octavia and I ran to you. Got you from Simon. And took you to the hospital."

"Joon-Woo walked away with his dead wife in his arms. After all he's done to you I wanted to Jill him. But I didn't shoot at him Nova I swea-"

She shakes her head and clears her throat "I believe you Jay." I sigh and continue "I let him go. And currently Rachel and Simon are locked up the basement of the warehouse."

Nova nods her head and straighten her back "One enemy down the same thing another is made." I frown and she sighs "Joon-Woo is obviously going to want revenge on us. Even though you think we didn't do it, he sure does. And there's a 50/50 chance of it being our fault. We have to take into consideration of where everyone was. Your men. His men. Everyone."

He nods his head "We have to keep our hairs up at all costs." She smiles at me "Nothing new with that."

I love how she can lighten up the mood no matter how rough it is. I know she's comforting me and I appreciate that. But I also know she is grieving with the Korean mafia in some way. The way she reacted when I told her his wife and kid died.

But she's right. They'll be coming after us sooner or later and we need to be prepared for that. All while figuring out who shot his Wife.

I clean my throat "I'll go bring us some food." She nods and I kiss her soft lips. Then I get up from the bed.

We can't go back in time to save her. We can only move forward.

1169 words