chapter 1

Hawk woke up to a feeling of someone tapping him. He opened his eyes to see his 5 year old sister smiling down at him waking him up so he can take her to school.
Eli woke up exhausted just like he did most mornings. He worked until midnight last night and he takes care of y/n when he's not working and he has to pay the bills and put food on the table all by himself because there deadbeat mum only loves drugs, guys and alcohol.No one really helps him apart from his best friend demetri who babysits her after school.
" Hey good morning" he said yawning.
"Good morning" y/n replied cheerfully.
Hawk woke up and saw y/n already dressed for school. Usually he has to get her up for that.
" Aww good girl you've already got dressed. Becoming an independent woman" he teased tickling her putting her on his lap.
" But have you made breakfast yet" he asked.
Y/n smiled mischievously meaning she hasn't.
" No I didn't think so. How about I go and make you some" he said kissing her gently on her head and she ran out of his room downstairs.
Hawk got dressed and he saw a letter about the bills on his bedside table. He sighed tiredly. He wishes he can just be a normal teenage boy for once instead of worrying about the things his mum is supposed to worry about and he has to worry about his mum bringing home another boyfriend because all of her boyfriends seem to be abusive and mean. Hawks lost count of how many times he's been hit or really hurt by the hands of his mum's boyfriend and to make it worse the mum doesn't seem to care. She just laughs when he's hurt and she sometimes even hurts him herself but hawk doesn't let that happen to y/n. He grew up going through all of this and there's no way he's letting y/n deal with this. It will destroy her emotionally and mentally just like him.
Hawk made his way downstairs to be stopped because y/n looked to afraid to go down.
" Hey are you okay" he asked concerned.
She shook her head and pointed downstairs. Hawk looked down to see his mum sat in the kitchen with a guy.
Hawk went down to talk to them.
" Hey you know that's are food" hawk said pulling away the food.
" It's my house" the mum argued.
" No it's not. I pay the bills and rent and I buy the groceries while you do fuck all all day every day" hawk yelled.
The guy she was with then spoke up.
" Hey don't speak to her like that" he yelled.
" What's this got to do with you" hawk asked.
The guy stood up and approached him angrily. Hawk stepped back in fear knowing how this is probably going to end.
The guy just headbutted hawk.
" If I were you I wouldn't get cheeky with me" he threatened to hawk who was laying on the floor with blood pouring out of his nose while he covered it with his hand.
The guy went back over to the mum who kissed him and smiled at Eli horribly like she he didn't care he was laying there in pain.
Tears spilled out of hawks eyes. Hawk couldn't take any more abuse or the stress and pressure he feels on a daily basis. He's miserable all the time but he has y/n who makes him happy.
Hawk ran back upstairs and y/n followed him because she was hiding on the stairs.
Hawk went into the bathroom and cleaned up his face.
" Are you okay" y/n asked sweetly.
Hawk wiped away his tears and faked a smile for y/n sake.
" Yeah I'm fine don't worry" he kneeled down and hugged her.
" I'm not going to let them hurt you I swear" he whispered into y/n ear.
Y/n smiled at how amazing and protective her big brother was. He really is her superhero.
" Okay let's get you to school and your going to demetris right after" hawk said.
Y/n smiled and nodded and ran to get her school bag. After she gets ran back to hawk who took her hand and walked her to school just like he always did.

Hey guys I really hope you enjoy this story. I've done one similar in the past but hopefully this one will be better so please let me know your thoughts and please don't forget to vote and if you want anything to happen in this story please let me know 😀