eight

"Three crazy ass witches attacked us in the woods!" Kai ranted while sitting on the couch next to Nikita.

She had her knees to her chest.

"Nikita, have you ever seen those witches before?" Bonnie asked. Nikita shook her head. "Never. They all looked the same. Like they were triplets." She told her. "So we have witch triplets to deal with. Great." Damon muttered.

Nikita bit her lip.

"What were you guys doing back at the house anyways?" Stefan asked. "Little witch here had a damn vision." Kai answered. "Did you at least get anything from your little adventure?" Damon asked. Nikita nodded. "We got the journal from my vision." She answered while pulling out the black journal. "Well what's it say?" Elena asked. "I haven't really read it yet." She told her. "Well then get to it. Kai, come on. We gotta go ask around to see if anyone knows the new witches in town." Damon said.

Kai got up and Nikita's heart skipped a beat. He heard it and turned his head towards her. He looked at her and saw that she was looking back at him with a frown. Her eyes showed how nervous she was. Even though no one in the house would hurt her she still didn't want to be alone with them.

"I won't be long." He told her before walking away with Damon.

Bonnie and Elena glanced at each other with perplexed looks. Damon smirked as the two walked out.

"You definitely like her." "Shut up."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

October 24 2000

Today is Nikita's fourth birthday. She's running around the house with her princess dress on and her little tiara. She hasn't shown any signs of magic yet. I keep praying that she doesn't but her grandmother says that she will. Nikita is supposed to be one of the most powerful witches in the sapphire coven. I could only keep hoping that she isn't. Her father won't like that.

Gerald

Nikita turned the pages. Looking for her next birthday.

October 24 2001

My worst nightmare has come true. Nikita has started having visions. She's beginning to develop her magic. Her father has yet to notice it thank god but her siblings have. They'll tell her parents. My son. I thought I raised him to be a good man but I have not. I have seen it. Seen the future and it is not bright. He will treat Nikita horribly. I won't be able to watch my granddaughter get treated in such a harsh way.

Gerald

Nikita remembered when her dad found out about her magic. She remembered him yelling and the fear that she felt when he screamed at her. A tear slipped down her cheek and she swiped at it. She bit her lip and flipped through the pages. She stopped at the last journal entry.

July 27 2009

I can feel it. I'm dying. I wish I had more time but I know it's my time to go. I don't want to leave Nikita but I have no choice.

Nikita if you are reading this then this means that what I predicted has come true. My evil family has tried to kill you. I'm so sorry for what you have been through. This is not the end. The sapphire witches are coming for you. They will not stop. Go to this address. You will get help. I promise.

Gerald

Nikita stares at the journal with wide eyes.

"What the actual fuck?"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Do you have any idea what we're doing?" Kai asked as he and Damon walked into the grill. Damon shrugged. "Not really, no. But I've seen a sapphire witch here before." Damon answered.

Kai looked around. If a sapphire witch saw Nikita here then they must've told the whole coven that she was alive.

"I felt weird seeing her get the vision. I wanted to get into the house so bad." Kai told Damon. Damon smirked. "I'll keep saying it until you see it. Your dark heart has a little soft spot for our new witch. Makes sense. She came from a family like yours and now you just want to protect her in ways that no one did for you." Damon said, causing Kai to scrunch up his face. "Emotions are weird." Damon nodded.

Kai spotted a sapphire ring on a girl's finger.

"There's our witch."

Damon and Kai both walked towards the girl. Damon slid across from her and Kai slid next to her.

"Move or make a sound and I'll rip your throat out and drink you dry. I'm kind of hungry now that I think about it." Kai threatened, making the witch freeze. "Yeah see he doesn't make empty threats. So you're gonna answer all the questions we ask you and if you don't then my heretic friend here will take you to the back and bleed you dry." Damon told the witch. "What do you want?" She spat. "I need to know if you're familiar with witch triplets. Kind of hot. Black hair. Short." Kai told her.

The witch smirked.

"I think I know exactly who you're talking about." She said just before Kai and Damon groaned in pain.

The witch smirked as the two knocked out.

Step two was done.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Bitch!" Damon groaned as he came to consciousness. "I've been called worse." The witch answered. Kai glared at the witch. "You're the witch." Kai snapped. She smiled. "Pretty with brains. Great combination." She gushed while pinching his cheeks. Kai growled at her, flashing his fangs at her. "Where's bitch 2 and bitch 3?" Damon asked, causing the girl to glare at him. "My sisters are on their way. For right now I'm left babysitting you two. Not that I mind you're both equally as hot." Damon rolled his eyes. "Listen I'm kind of hungry and when I'm hungry I get angry so I think it's best to let me go or else the consequences won't be pretty." Kai growled. The witch smirked and went towards him. "You're hot when you're mad." She purred while gently taking his chin between her fingers. "Thanks I bet you'll find it hotter when I bleed you dry." Kai hissed.

The witch rolled her eyes and walked away. Kai looked over at Damon. "Well this is a lovely predicament." He muttered sarcastically. "Shut up." Damon hissed.

The witch walked back towards the two vampires with a bucket. She smirked and threw the liquid vervain all over the two.

"Ah shit!" Kai yelled in pain. "My sister's are here. So I had to make sure you didn't pull any bullshit." Damon growled. "Oh I'm gonna kill you once I'm out of these chains." Damon growled. "I'm sure you will hotstuff."