16: Immunizations

"It's alright, babe. I'm going to be just fine by myself. I'm a big boy, you know?"- Justin said in a raspy tone, chucking at the end of his sentence. It was still pretty early in the morning but he was already all showered and ready to go. The alarm went off 7 in the morning and despite being tired, Hailey made sure to throw him off the bed. 

"Don't you want me to call Allison real quick? I'm sure she won't mind keeping you company"- Hailey asked, feeling guilty for not being able to accompany her husband during his doctor's appointment that day. Justin was about to get a check-up, as well as some booster shots for the tour and she knew how nervous he was when it came to needles and doctors. She tried her best to cancel a photoshoot she was supposed to be at, but the producers weren't available for any other day of that month. 

"I'm okay, babe"- he said and laid back down, on top of her, making her giggle as he pecked her lips- "I'll be fine and then you can take care of me when we get home, huh?"

"You know you're getting some shots, right?"- she clarified, finding it weird how chill Justin was being about going to the doctor by himself. He hadn't thought about it until she pointed it out, and immediately his stomach turned as some major anxiety ran thru his spine. 

"How many?"- he asked, his tone changing immediately from confident and calm to nervous and scared.

"I don't know, babe. They'll check your vaccine record and update it with the shots that you need to travel"- she said, kissing his head before he got up. Every six- months, during tours, Justin had that same appointment with his doctor, but he was never used to it. Allison always sent his country itinerary to Dr. Daniel and he checked the injections that Justin may need- "You sure you don't want Allison to go with you?"

"Yeah"- he sounded unsure- "Kenny is waiting for me outside. I have to go". 

"Alright, J. I love you". 

After Hailey watched Justin grab his phone and rush downstairs, she was quick to send a text to Kenny asking him if he could stay with Justin in the doctor's office. She shouldn't worry that much she really wanted to avoid any kind of panic or anxiety attack. Justin had never gone to Dr. Daniel's office by himself, or to any other health appointment as well. Someone was always with him and she wasn't sure how it would go. 

IMessage: (Kenny Hamilton): "Sure, I'll be out there in the waiting room if he needs something. Don't worry, I won't say that you texted, Hails lol".

The ride to the office was quick as there wasn't any traffic in L.A. They went thru the back to avoid any fans or paparazzi even tho the street seemed empty. Justin was quiet the entire time and Kenny just made small conversation to check if he was doing okay. 

"How can I help you?"- the young receptionist said a little too cheerfully as Justin approached the front desk with a small smile. The waiting room was empty and it seemed that he was the only patient there. Dr. Daniel always suggested that he booked his appointments early in the morning so no one would bother him. 

"I have an appointment at 8:30"

"Dr. Daniel, right?- she asked and he nodded his head- Sure, honey. Just have a seat right there and someone will come and get you shortly, okay? You'll get your blood drawn so I can't offer you anything to eat, but would you like some water?"

"I'm okay, thanks"- he smiled and she did the exact same. Everyone that worked there was more than used to Justin being a patient so he didn't have to do or say much. Every person was familiar to him and always made sure to make him as comfortable as they could. 

"Are you staying?"- he asked Kenny as he sat down next to him in one of the white leather armchairs of the waiting room. 

"Do you mind? I don't think it will take much time until I have to come back and get you. I'll be out here waiting for you".