𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐔𝐈𝐍𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐒

the black raven | 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐔𝐈𝐍𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐒

□ damian □

No one is allowed to visit Alfred right now. He is in his third surgery, the one to remove the blood clot in his head. If I recall, the Doctor had called it a thrombectomy.

I am ensured he is in the best care by Dick and Tim, the younger of the two having practically lived with me ever since I woke up. Richard I don't see much of though, as he is flowing in and out from GCPD - he has buried himself in a manhunt to find our Father - and to our sister's room.

Speaking of, they have kept us seperate.

I'm glad.

Just like I'm glad I had angered my dear sister enough to send her out of harms way before the blast to the Manor came.

Abruptly, Tim slumps down into the chair closest to me, letting out a heavy sigh. I blink, staring at him.

"What are you doing, brother?"

Timothy meets my eyes, a glossy and unrequited blankness in them. He sighs, "Sitting with my brother."

I frown. He looks exhausted, with dark bags under his eyes and a sunken posture. I attempt a different route, although my years of training as an assassin fight to keep a head above the rising tide.

"Timothy. You need to get up. This.. This is not healthy."

He scoffs. "What are you talking about, Dami? I'm one of the few people in this family who isn't hurt."

I shake my head. The thought crosses my mind before I can regain total control of myself, and the feeling it brings is foreign to me.

This family is falling apart.

I am hopeless to stop it.

Just seeing this emptiness from Timothy, even for a quiet moment, brings upon a tight, bitter taste in my throat. It pokes uncomfortable thorns, a hot blurriness coming to form the slightest gloss over my own eyes.

"I do not care. Your face is showing signs of fatigue, and not only can our enemies see it but the people of Gotham-"

"Fuck them. All of them." His curse catches me, a flicker of a ghostly pain in my chest. I purse my lips. Clench my jaw. I know him. Timothy is my brother. He is the boy who is fascinated by the living world of technology and how it works. He is the mediator alongside Alfred, always observing both sides before choosing a side.