𝚌𝚊𝚝𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚊'𝚜 𝚜𝚕𝚎𝚎𝚙𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚙𝚝. 𝟷

𝙹𝚞𝚍𝚎 𝙼𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚒𝚜
☕︎︎

My dad had taken me to the emergency room only to find out I had a mind concussion, I had gotten a doctor's note declaring the rest of the week off which meant I also got the week off from work. It had been two days since Catalina gave me the concussion and staying home was quite boring, after school Amelia and Adrian would come and visit me and my parents would baby me once they got home from their work.

It had been odd not going to the bakery... Not seeing Aaron.

He hadn't come to see me since I was picked up from the nurse's office and I'm sure it was because of how comfortable I had made myself in his arms. I'm sure I had ruined every last thread of hope for comradery from me, he had gone back to avoiding me. I was too gay for him.

At least that had been what I thought until the evening rolled around, I had been sitting between my parents cuddled close to my mom like the big gigantic baby I was wearing a fluffy grey robe and nibbling on a cookie Sharon had dropped off for me when the doorbell rang. "Not it," I muttered quietly too focused on our movie to truly pay attention to whatever was happening outside it.

"I'm busy on mother hen duties," My mom said as she combed her fingers gently through my blue head of hair, my head was laid against her shoulder.

"I'll get it," My dad announced in his constant perky tone.

"Good we expected you to," I said and my mom laughed agreeing with me. My dad sighed dramatically as he stood from the couch and left us to the movie. I heard he gust of wind outside as he opened the front door and said a cheerful greeting to some unknown visitor.

"Long time no see!" He welcomed. "Come in! Is this your girlfriend?" He asked the visitor and my brows pulled together as I thought through all the people with girlfriends that I knew. Amelia had just been here an hour ago. He wouldn't greet her like that.

"Oh definitely not," A familiar voice said. Catalina? "I'm Amelia's girlfriend though, Catalina. It's nice to meet you, she loves you all so much."

As she confirmed her identity herself my eyes grew wide and I looked over my shoulder as three tall frames entered through the hall. One being my dad, another being Cat, and the third being Aaron. He immediately met my gaze and I quickly turned back toward the tv, sucking back a breath as the back of my head hurt from the speedy movement.

"Judy is careful with that sweet head of mine," My mom said brushing back my hair again using the nickname she had for me and claiming my head as her own. She always called my head or my fingers and toes hers because she was the one who grew them, like if I had stubbed my toe she would tell me to be careful with her toes. It never felt weird to me until two of my classmates stood in the same room witnessing it themselves. My cheeks turned red.

Aaron and Cat rounded the furniture sitting on the two-person seat across from where I sat on the couch. My dad sat down next to me and I crossed my arms trying to shrink into nothing, I didn't want to exist at the moment. Why the fuck are they here?

I glanced down at my fuzzy socks with Winnie The Pooh printed on them and the big puffy bear claw slippers I wore then pressed my lips tight together. Aaron had known my obsession with Winnie the Pooh since I always wore a yellow shirt with the bear on it, and my room before I had redecorated and painted the walls had been Winnie the Pooh themed. So obviously he would notice them, which he had and when he looked up he had a big smile plastered on his face. I almost felt the urge to smile back but I didn't.