safe haven?

Re-Cap

Re-Cap

~~~~~~~~

I wouldn't know when he would come back for revenge, but the only thing I knew at this moment was.

I was with my friends again.
~

~~~~~~~~~

Now that I was back, everyone around me seemed to be more cautious to me, like i would break at any second. For example, they would not sit anywhere until i had chosen my spot.

Or the fact that if I made any mention of wanting something, even as a joke, I would get the item in no time. It was an odd feeling. Being ....pampered? I'm not sure what to call it, as I had never felt it before, having someone at my beconing call. I was usually on the other side of the stick.

I'm not even completely sure if I liked it, I just felt selfish for letting it carry on. I wanted my friends back, but not to feel like they apologized in terms of fear towards my newfound 'Supernatural abilities'.

Will and Dustin made me giggle as they bickered about what my powers could consist of until they turned to me. "y/n, what powers have you shown so far?" Dustin questioned, leaning his chin against his fisted knuckles, I gummy smile plastered across his lips.

His question made me stop, wondering the same. The past months have really been such a blure that I felt like I blacked out every time I used my powers. I put a finger to my chin, giving it a few taps before my brain sparked a memory.

"I used a force field last time I was here, so maybe..air?" I shrugged,"and you caught the science class on fire." Max commented, I nodded at her comment,"and Hopper said you used these tor-nados in the woods, " El recited, having trouble remembering the word Hopper had used.

I glanced at El and furrowed my brows. What all did he tell her? I looked down at my hands, clasped in my lap, thinking about the poor cop that I had fighting for his breath. I had to remember to apologize the next time I saw him.

I had taken my anger out on someone who didn't even know me. How could I ever in my right mind bring myself to do that to an innocent man. One who was enforced to protect me at that.

Protect is such a funny thing to think about. You are giving an unspeakable duty to protect those who are weaker than you.

But you also have the responsibility of not using your power and being the one to hurt those with a disadvantage to you.

How do you go about knowing that you will be a protector. Is it genetic?, or do you enherit it as you grow older? Can you lose it once you have it?