Trial and Niall

Trial and Niall

 This chapter is slightly un-edited so sorry! x

“Wake up,” Zayn kisses my cheek. I sat up quickly, unaware where I was. Once it clicked that I was in Zayn’s bed, I smiled at him, kissing his nose.

“Oh crap,” I covered my mouth with my hand, “morning breath.”

Zayn pulled me up from the bed, helping me stand up. I was still worn out.

I dragged myself all the way to my suitcase that was still by the door, grabbing my toothbrush.

In the middle of brushing my teeth, I heard my phone go off, and Jason Mraz blaring from its speaker.

“Zayn!” I slurred through the toothpaste that was bubbling in my mouth. “I got it!” He called, as he answered it in a sing song voice.

“This is Zayn; Madeline is brushing her teeth. How may I be at your service?” he says into my iPhone, winking at me. Zayn’s face fell quickly, and I spat out the toothpaste, skipping the rinse part. It’ll have to wait. Zayn handed me my phone over, sitting down on the bed.

“Hey Hi Hello, it's Madeline,” I say, waiting for a voice to come through.

“It’s Cass,” My sister said in a hushed voice.

 “What’s up?”

“Harper is here, crying. She just came over like thirty minutes ago, and she wouldn’t stop crying,” I heard a rustling in the background. “She finally fell asleep.”

I looked at Zayn, sitting by him, holding his hand tightly. “What the hell happened?” I ask, knowing my best friend would never go to my sister unless she really needed me.

“She went to that party… and she was raped I think, Madeline.” Cass breathed out. I dropped my phone in shock unto the bed. I couldn’t breathe. I choked, as Zayn handed me back my phone.

“Just tell me what happened,” I tell her shakily. Zayn pulled me to him, as I moved the phone to my left ear so he can hold me.

“Well, she tried to explain through her break down, so I at least got some of the story out.” Her strong southern accent made me miss my best friend even more.

“And…?” My nerves were all alert.

“Harper was pissed at you for leaving, so she went to that party and I think she was led into a room with a guy who just so happened to be Wyatt Smith.”

I gasped; Wyatt Smith was my ex-boyfriend, and he has a history. “Dammit, Harper,” I mumbled. Maybe she was so drunk; she didn’t realize it was him. But then again, she’s a really smart girl; why would smart girls drink? She was pissed at me for leaving; it was my entire fault. This is going to destroy my best friend; her whole life.

“I’m going to go pack. I have to come home; she needs me. Here’s Zayn, talk to him for a second.” I gave Zayn the phone, pulling away from him. I literally jumped off the bed, grabbing my suitcase. I heard the door ring; bad timing.

I looked at Zayn, who looked like he was deeply listening to Cass. I trudged through his flat, toward the door, opening it. It was the Irish Horan boy.

“Hello,” Niall’s eyebrows rose in suspicion as his eyes raked my body. I realized I still had Zayn’s burgundy shirt on; no pants.

“Hey,” I say, closing the door behind him. I looked back into the back room; Zayn’s bedroom. He still looked deep into conversation. I turned back to Niall, smiling at him.