3

SxN]

Nami stretched her arms wide as she let out an exaggerated yawn. She half expected to be covered in blood when she woke up, but surprisingly, there wasn't a drop. Where was he anyway?

Just last night...

"Sanji, come with me," Nami said, walking into an inn. She quickly paid at the desk and took her room key.

"Of course, Nami-swaaaan! Might I ask you what it is you need of me? Do you need me to carry more bags for you? I just got back from taking all of our supplies to the Sunny, so I have all the time in the world. " Sanji cheered with hearts in his eyes.

"No, I don't need you to carry any more bags, you were already doing that for hours before you got the chance to take our food and water back to the ship, so that isn't it." She explained as she walked towards her room.
"The thing is... I have to stay here until Chopper treats Robin to avoid catching whatever it is she has, but I just don't trust this place." She said, unlocking her room door and stepping inside.
"Just to be safe, I want you to be here with me to protect me. You're staying in this room with me tonight." She said, closing the door behind them.

"Oh, Nami-swan, I get to spend the night with Nami-swan, how wonderful!" He cheered. "Wait... I can't worry about that right now, she may be in danger, and it's my duty to protect her, I won't get a second of rest until everything is safe." he said with a stern expression.

He stood at the foot of her bed while she tried to sleep for almost thirty minutes, looking back and forth and all around the room, cautious of even the smallest squeak. Nami started to feel bad for him, he wouldn't be able to get any rest this way.

"Sanji, I'll be fine. Just come lay in bed with me."

"N-Nami? I-I can't. I must protect you"

"It's fine. Come lay right here" Nami said, patting the spot beside her on the bed. "I'll feel much safer that way. I can't sleep unless you do," she said, trying to convince him.

He no longer felt as if he were taking advantage of her, he now saw it as his very duty to make her feel safe. He hastily hopped into the bed and laid down, but he didn't rest. He stayed as close to the edge of the bed as possible and kept his eyes wide open for threats.

"Sanji come closer."

"Oh- uh sure, Nami." He said, scooting closer to her.

"Don't get any blood on me or I'll kill you." she threatened as she hugged his arm.

He didn't move. She just asked me to sleep here so that she could feel safer, I won't try to take advantage of that. He thought to himself. He almost fainted when she crawled up to him and laid on his chest.

"Goodnight, Sanji-kun."

"G-Goodnight, Nami-san."

Back to the present...

She took a good look around her room. She saw Sanji, standing at the foot of the bed again.

"Sanji, why'd you get out of bed? and when? Don't you think you should have gotten a little more sleep?" Nami asked.

She was used to taking advantage of him, but sometimes he needed a chance to rest after all he did.

"Don't worry about me, Nami-san. You said you needed me there to sleep, so once you fell asleep, I was no longer needed there. I got up to keep watch again." he explained.

Sometimes I forget how chivalrous he is. His chivalry far surpasses his pervertedness. I kinda like that though. "That's great. Thanks for keeping me safe, Sanji-kun. Let's head out now, I have to meet everyone back at the Sunny."

"Of course,  you can always rely on me to protect you, my dear Nami!" He said, twirling in place.

Nami got up out of bed and took Sanji by the hand, still mostly because of the uneasy feeling that she got there. It was a fear like that of a little child who was left alone in a dark room. She didn't feel safe unless she was with Sanji. Together, they walked to the counter, returned the key, and left. They walked along the dirt pathways that guided them through the jungle-like town. When they finally reached the Sunny, the ladder was already down and everyone was already on deck. With them, was a man they had never seen before.

"Hey, Sanji and Nami! This is Zonbi, he's my new friend." Luffy greeted them, violently slapping Zonbi on the back, who was too nervous to speak up and just took the beating.

Zonbi gave a shy smile as combed his fingers through his crimson locks and gave a polite wave. They both waved back and walked away, each going their separate ways. After everyone got reacquainted, Luffy called all of their attention.

"Alright, guys, let's eat breakfast!" Normally they would scowl and say things like "of course that's what you wanted to say" or "you're always hungry, dumbass" but they were all quite hungry as well, so they all agreed. Everyone waited in excitement at the table as Sanji left to go cook. Eventually, he started handing out plates. Once everyone had a plate, Sanji went to get drinks, but Zonbi stopped him.

"Y'know, I have a special drink right here. I'm usually not supposed to have it, but my job gets boring and I need something to keep me occupied. It's a specialty, made in my hometown, I wanna let everyone try it." Zonbi said, pulling a large glass bottle out of his bag.

Sanji held the bottle up for everyone else to see, they all nodded excitedly. Even those who didn't drink decided to have a little fun.

Sanji poured the cups and brought them out to everyone, except for Nami and Hancock who didn't want any, and Chopper, who was too young. The crew happily ate an drank, complimenting Zonbi and Sanji the whole time. Zonbi was on his third glass before he put the cup down and decided he had had enough. He thanked everyone for their kindness and went to relax in the grass on deck.

The rest of the crew followed closely behind him. They finished their food and put their plates away before going to relax on deck. All was well until Sanji attacked Zoro out of the blue.

"Lovecook what are you doing?" Zoro asked, confused about what it was he did to anger Curlybrows this time.

But he got no answer, Sanji only kept attacking him. Soon after, he felt soft and slender fingers wrap around his neck. He looked over at Robin who had her arms crossed in front of her.

He turned around to ask for help or some kind of explanation, but upon doing so, he saw Luffy punch Hancock across the ship and the others were all going crazy. Chopper and Nami were desperately trying to defend themselves from Franky and Brook. Usopp was already on the floor, knocked out.