6

Zoro wanted to cry out in pain, but he restrained himself, he wouldn't let his weakness be shown. He gritted his teeth.

"What is this? What did you do to me?" Zoro asked, struggling to hold back his urge to scream.

The pain slowly dissolved and he was able to settle down. Seeing Zoro's relaxed expression, Zonbi knew that the pain had settled.

"It's a drug I mixed that targets the part of the brain that processes pain. It makes your brain perceive pain to be 10 times more severe than it is. Y'know, that sharp excruciating pain you just felt, was just the pain of being stabbed by the needle, but I bet it hurt a lot, didn't it?"

Zoro thought for a moment.

"And what would the purpose of that be? What are the benefits of making me feel more pain?"

"It's to make our interrogations more efficient, y'know... Instead of stabbing you or cutting your fingers off and causing permanent damage, we can use less severe ways to harm you, while still inflicting the same amount of pain. Where torture will normally last a week at most, this can go on forever. Furthermore, swordsman, we can make the pain of traditional torment even worse."

Zoro thought for a second before looking Zonbi in the eye. "Yeah that certainly does sound scary, doesn't it?"

Zonbi, annoyed at Zoro's complete disregard of the danger he was in, walked back behind Zoro. Zoro couldn't see what he was doing, but he knew it probably wasn't good.

"Hey, redhead. You said no one lives on this island. How come there was a bartender at the bar I went to just before Luffy and Hancock came back with you?"

"Ahh yes. Y'see, they're all with me. Their job is to blend in and welcome tourists. We actually planned to take your orange-headed friend, but she felt uneasy about going into the hotel alone and took your cook with her. Y'know, we still could've caught them both, if he had decided to sleep, but he stood at the foot of her bed, watching his surroundings like a hawk for the entire night."

Zoro let out a sigh of relief. They could've had trouble a lot earlier if it hadn't been for Nami's judgment and Sanji's devotion. Zoro was about to make another smart remark, but he paused when he heard familiar footsteps and the squeaky rolling of wheels.

Zonbi soon entered his field of view again, pushing a cart. Zoro was filled with a sense of hopelessness as he saw what was on it. Atop the cart were a bullwhip, a pair of pliers, and a few bottles of other drugs Zonbi had made. Zonbi walked up to Zoro, ripped his shirt off the best he could, and took a step back.

"Y'know, swordsman just slapping and punching is usually enough, but you're special. Do you remember how bad that needle hurt? You're going to beg to be granted the mercy of experiencing the needle after 30 seconds of this. I told you that I would get you to talk, y'know."

The Girls' 3rd Person Pov (about 45 minutes later):

Robin desperately spawned eyes and ears around the island, Hancock used her observation haki. Robin was growing evermore frantic and worried. She almost started crying, but she was spared the embarrassment when Hancock announced that she sensed two presences. Nami and Robin ran as fast as they could, following Hancock through the sea of green.

Eventually, they arrived at the door to the shack she and Luffy had arrived at just the day before. She froze, turning to look at the other girls to confirm if she was seeing correctly. Robin was impatient but didn't say anything. Once Hancock had collected herself, she spoke.

"Okay, both of you listen. We need to be quiet and cautious. I am going to call the others right now, and then we are going in." she said, putting on a mask of stability, though she really wanted nothing more than to break in and fight.