Chapter 14

Me: Here's chapter 14~ Enjoy.

Disclaimer: I do NOT own Final Fantasy IX(9)! I just own my OCs!

~~~~

We ran into Thorn and Zorn, those creepy clown creeps. We beat them until they ran away, and we found Dagger unconscious on a weird floor that was raised slightly. Steiner and I went down to our knees.

"Dagger, open your eyes!" I begged her, close to tears.

"Dagger!! Were we too late...?"

"Oh, no..."

"P-PRINCESS!!! NOOOOO!!" 

I choke on a sob, covering my mouth. No...my best friend, like a sister isn't gone! I felt numb, shutting out everyone's sounds, and voices until I snap out of it hearing Freya's words that were gods send.

"Her heart's still beating."

"A-are you sure, Freya...?" My voice was crackly.

She nods "Yes, she is still alive."

"Good, let's get out of here," I felt a hand on my shoulder, I lift my head up with watery eyes at Zidane's blue eyes. "Come on, Gwen. Let's get Dagger out of here."

I nod, standing up, and move to the side so Zidane bends down to pick my best friend in his arms. And we sprinted out of the room. We finally stop in the room where the secret passageway to the dungeon is.

"I don't think anyone followed us."

I walk past Steiner, then turned around when Steiner spoke up.

"My queen... Why have you done this...!?" And there's the anger, now he realizes the queen is not a good person. "I have devoted my whole life to serving you and the princess...! Why did you harm the princess!!!? Why!!!?"

"Steiner..." Zidane mumbles, knowing the pain he's feeling, along with me and the others.

"Zidane." Vivi steps over to Zidane. "Do you think  she'll ever wake up?"

"Of course. She's asleep because she's tired. That's all."

I shook my head, smiling at how Zidane is so kind of Vivi's feelings.

"I wanna let Dagger rest a little. Do you guys mind?"

I nodded along with the others.

"Thanks," Zidane lays her on the small couch. "If only we had arrived here sooner... I'm sorry..."

"What happened to you? You are not your usual self."

I look at Steiner, shaking my head.

"We've been through hell, Steiner." He looks at me with his mouth open slightly.

"You...you called me by my name, instead of that awful nickname."

I shrugged "As I said; we've been through hell."

"....Go on... Blame my incompetence! Tell me it is my fault!"

"No!" Both Zidane and I shouted out at him.

"I can't... I can't even shed a tear..."

"...."

I whirled around, hearing those clown creeps come running into the room.

"There they are!"

"There they are!"

They turn around all smugly.

"There is no escape!

"There is no escape!"

Ugh! Can those two idiots shut up, in repeating everything? My eyes widen, stepping back seeing the one person I wish I didn't want to see at the moment, my mother- Beatrix. She flips her hair behind her shoulder.