Chapter 19

Me: Here's chapter 19, Oh boy finally this chapter has come!! It's when the part I've been DYING to work on~ Also, to be less confused, Zander and Zidane aren't blood-related! Zander and Zidane are much closer like real brothers would. Enjoy~!

Disclaimer: I do NOT own Final Fantasy IX(9)! I just own my OCs!

~~~~

We went to the 'Black Mage Village', and we stayed one night there. At night Zidane told Dagger and me a story, I end up falling asleep in the middle of his storytelling. I was still exhausted and I need to rest as much as I can so I can get back into action. We end up heading back to Conde Petie to get to the 'Sanctuary' that lies beyond it.

When we got back to Conde Petie, we found out they wouldn't let us pass. My mind wandered after that, so when I focused back on the voice of Dagger saying my name.

"What? What did I miss?" I look, at everyone. Yikes, I spaced out.

"I told them you would be perfect for the ceremony, with Zidane." She told me with an odd...smile.

Something about that smile feels off.

"Uhh..."

"Come on, Dagger. She won't actually-"

"Sure," I spoke up shrugging, not realizing what I just agreed to.

I notice Dagger's smile was wider like she just won something. And Zidane looks beyond flabbergasted, okay...what did I just agree to...?

"Sae ye wantae be joined, eh? The ceremony's only fer dwarves, see... But we have sae few young folk nooadays. We're doon tae ninety-nine couples." 

Wait... Ceremony? ...Couple?

"Ah was worryin' aboot that very thin'... But what's the hairm? Now we can have oor hundredth ceremony!"

"W-wait! Dagger...what did you make me agree to?"

She smiles innocently "We don't have much time, we have to get you both ready for your ceremony~."

"No... Zidane!" I shouted out his name looking at him, seeing his face is red, and trying to look at anything else but me. "What ceremony are we doing...?"

He scratches behind his neck, looking at me this time blushing...?

"Only way we have to get past here to get to the Sanctuary, we have to get um...hitched."

I stared at him, as my face started to slowly get warm to hot.

"WHAT!!!?" I shrieked out, covering my red cheeks.

"S-sorry, I was taken aback when Dagger suggested you take her place."

I felt so happy but at the same time, I'm internally screaming! I would never expect to get HITCHED! Oh, boy...If my mother finds out about this, Zidane would have to run for his life. But this is my chance! I can finally do something with him, even if I'm not ready to get...hitched/married but if it gets us past here so be it...and I can tell people I got married to Zidane. Wait, does that mean I can shove all the ladies away from him!? Yes! Wait...does that mean we have to kiss!?

Zidane and I are led to a spot in the village facing the dwarves' priest. Hmm, I think he was called that? If not oh well. I am standing on Zidane's left side facing the dwarves that are getting us hitched/married. I grew nervous, and the palms of my hands started to sweat under my fingerless gloves.

"Speerits o' moontain, Speerits o' the wood..." I almost jumped when my hand was grabbed, I look from the corner of my eye to look at Zidane who looks nervous. "Watch over this man an' woman as they begin their journey..."