Chapter 22

Me: Here's chapter 22, This chapter has no Gwen POV...that is for the next chapter ;3 But you'll get to see Zidane's reaction when he finds out Kuja has his girl~ Enjoy~!

Disclaimer: I do NOT own Final Fantasy IX(9)! I just own my OCs!

~~~~

Zidane's POV

I can't believe I had my hopes up, I hoped Gwen felt the same way but when she said those words...it cut me, deeply. And now Zander is up my ass about it, but I keep ignoring him as we went on. I feel like I'm forgetting something, but I shove that aside cause we are dealing with Kuja. and he caused Dagger to be angry at his words. And what's worst, her mother Brahne showed up.

"I...I can't believe it!" She drops to her knees, as Zander bends down holding her shoulders, so she wouldn't fall.

"Your mother isn't satisfied with just one continent! Her ugliness and stupidity are truly impressive. Ahh...everything is proceeding as I have foreseen. Especially, I caught me a little birdy."

"What're you talking about!?" Something he said got to me, why do I feel dread in my heart?

"You're just the opening number. Time for the real show." He smirks, it pisses me off when he does that.

"We won't let you get away!"

"The Mist may be created no more, but it still lurks in caves and forests, right?"

I narrowed my eyes at him in irritation.

"Huh?"

"I can make monsters with magic! Come forth, spawn of the Mist!"

He summons monsters, and we end up killing them but Kuja took off flying with that silver dragon of his and that's when I finally notice, laying unconscious on the silver dragon with Kuja is Gwen! 

"N-no way..."

"Zidane...? What's wrong bro?"

"Kuja...Kuja has, Gwen!" I shouted out in anger, how dare he take her, that's why it's been quiet and I felt weird like I forgot something.

"Wh-what!?" Vivi, Eiko, and Zander shouted out in shock and horror, while Dagger wasn't listening, she was horrified about her mother.

"So, two of your enemies are fightin' it out? Why not just leave'em, and finished off the winner." Amarant spoke up, leaning against the tree vine, arms crossed to his chest.

"My money's on Kuja."

I hate to agree with him, but I do even if Gwen is now in Kuja's hands. I will get her back, that I vow on my life.

"Amarant's right. Let's split before we get dragged in."

"Seriously bro!? What about, Gwen!?"

I shook my head "I want to save her too, but...how can we!?"

I notice Dagger shot up on her feet, shaking her head, glaring with determination.

"No... I can't... I can't let anything happen to my mother."

I frown, looking at her.

"Dagger?"

She looks at me with those eyes that look like she would cry any second.

"Zidane, I... I have to save her!"

I was annoyed, how can she want to save the same woman who wanted to kill her, and stole her eidolons want to save her? That's freaking ridiculous!

"Uhh, princess? Didn't that so-called queen, extract your eidolons from ya and start a goddamn war!" 

Zander step over glaring with his one eye, as she looks at him this time huffing in annoyance.