3: ʰᵒˡᵈ ᵒᶠ ᵖᵒʷᵉʳ

☁️ ·̩͙✧C H A P T E R  T H R E E

☁️ ·̩͙✧
C H A P T E R T H R E E

MEVANYA HELPED Helaena dress the twins, since for some reason, the wet nurse hadn't showed up, and Mevanya needed something to help her escape the inevitable for as long as possible. Still, nothing seemed to help distract her, her gaze was lost and her head was constantly more in the clouds than in the present moment.

Her sister, of course, noticed all this.

"Are you going to tell me what's wrong?"
"Ah?" She came to reality, staring blankly at her sister as she hadn't been paying attention to anything.
"Something's wrong with you, Nya, I don't know what, but you seem strange."
"I'm fine, it's nothing," she dropped the subject immediately, returning her attention to Jaehaera.
"Is it because they're here?"
"No."
"Something happened the last time you were at Dragonstone?"
"No."
"Mevanya..."
"Nothing happened, okay? I'm fine, I just... I haven't seen Rhaenyra in a long time. That's all."
"Just Rhaenyra?"

When she didn't answer, Helaena sighed, and let the subject heal to continue organizing Jaehaerys. Mevanya watched tenderly as the girl in front of her was so focused on her toy that she let herself be dressed without issue, while her head inevitably drifted back many, many moons ago. She wished she hadn't. It had been so hard for her to leave it all behind, and then one day, suddenly, fate played a dirty trick on her again.

"Thank you for helping me," when they had finished with the two little ones, Helaena approached her sister to thank her.
"There's nothing to thank. I've got to go, okay? But don't hesitate to look for me if you need anything," and before giving her another chance to speak, she said goodbye to her nephews and left the room.

She walked carefully through the corridors, her hands were sweating and her heart was beating fast. Her eagerness increased further when, as she neared the training yard, she heard a commotion. There was a fight in progress.
As she arrived and saw the circle around her brother Aemond and Criston Cole, she held her breath, and could only hope that as in the old days, no one would pay her any attention.

Fortunately, she knew how to take advantage of her brother's spectacle to slip away and reach her destination. The same, almost abandoned warehouse, was still the same as always, she visited frequently, when she felt she had no escape, when she felt trapped or frustrated; to regain a bit of her power. And this was definitely one of those days.

She sighed with relief, she had made it there without any unexpected encounters, this was her safe place, her own space. It was where she had trained for years with Ser Harwin Strong, before the man died.
She looked with a wistful smile at one of the wooden bars, it was incredibly damaged, there she had struck and swung until her body fell completely limp to the ground when Ser Harwin died. She had been in so much pain that she hadn't eaten for a week, and all she did was run away to come here.

"I can't."
"Yes, you can."
"I can't! Everyone keeps telling me, I'm a princess, I can never fight like them."
"And Visenya Targaryen was a queen, that didn't stop her from being one of the greatest warriors this kingdom has ever seen. Neither her sister, Rhaenys Targaryen, another queen, to help conquer the Seven Kingdoms. Now pick up your sword and fight, Mevanya."