9: ʰᵉᵃᵈ ᵒᶠ ᵗʰʳᵉᵉ ᵈʳᵃᵍᵒⁿˢ

☁️ ·̩͙✧C H A P T E R  N I N E

☁️ ·̩͙✧
C H A P T E R  N I N E

DISCLAIMER
Here will be spent a few
days before the death
of Viserys after
Rhaenyra's departure
to Dragonstone.

MEVANYA TAKED a deep breath before pushing open the door to her mother's room.

Everyone in the room turned to look at her, falling immediately silent. At that moment, she was thinking about regretting her decision.

"Mevanya," her mother exclaimed in surprise, her daughter never sat foot in her chambers except by her decree. "Is everything all right, dearest?"

The platinum looked at Queen Alicent's companions. Ser Criston Cole was staring at her as intently as he had always made her squirm. She looked away immediately and back to her mother, who was waiting for an answer.

"Yes, yes, everything is in order, mother, it's just that...I had to ask you a couple of things about...the wedding."

Alicent's face expressed surprise immediately, taking her a few seconds to react and dismiss those present to be alone with her daughter.

"Of course, my dearest. Come, sit down."

Mevanya advanced with unsteady steps towards the seats, taking one of them and running her hands down her dress in hopes of wiping away the cold sweat that drenched them. Meanwhile, Alicent Hightower poured some wine into two glasses, handing one of them to her daughter before sitting down opposite her.

"Tell me, what is troubling you?"
"It's... it's nothing, really, it's just that... "

Mevanya didn't know how to talk to her mother, she didn't want to be rude or indifferent as she usually did, she knew that it would gain her nothing, but their distant relationship didn't allow her to know how to ask a simple favour from her own mother.

"Mevanya, you can tell me anything you want, it is your wedding, after all."

When she looked up and saw the small smile on her mother's face, she noticed two things:
1. That she didn't knew how exactly to act in front of her daughter either, her nervous half-smile showed uneasiness, she didn't know whether to expect something good or bad. She didn't know Mevanya at all, and having her there caused her surprise.
2. Something had changed since the night before. Her countenance, almost always frowning, worried or stressed, showed an unusual calmness, as if a weight that had lived on her shoulders for so long was no longer there.

That gave her a little confidence to speak. She stood taller, and took a deep breath before stating her wishes.

"I want a purple dress, the jewellery can be green, or the shoes, but I want my dress to be purple. It's a bit ridiculous, I know, sorry if...."
"Do you like purple?" Her mother interrupted.