Reunion

3rd POV:

Sonic and Shadow sat down in the living room couch while Tails was in the kitchen with refreshments. "Hey! Why don't we invite our friends over for this little reunion?" Tails asked, clearly excited about the idea. "I don't see why not! I'll call them." Rouge said and went to the other room to take the call. Sonic was quiet, he felt uncomfortable seeing his friends. Sonic realized something, "Why are they not talking about what had happened 3 months ago? " he blurted out. Shadow looked at him with a shocked look on his face. " What are you talking about?" He asked.

"Oh nothing to worry about!" Sonic said, waving away the situation as Tails place down a couple of snacks with sodas. " Rouge contacted the others they are on their way now! ", Tails smiled and sat down next to the blue hero. "That's great thanks buddy!" Sonic grinned at the fox and ruffled his hair.

Shadow's POV:

He said something about '3 months ago', what could he be talking about. This is annoying, he says things out loud by what seems to be an 'accident' and changes the subject. I growled at that, loud enough for both Sonic and Tails to stop their conversation.
"You good Shadz?" The blue idiot asked. I ignored him and walk away from the two. I hear knocking on the door and I went to open it. Behind the door it revealed Rose, Knuckles, silver, and others. Rose was the first to march in and death hug the blue hedgehog. I opened the door wide-enough for the others to come in.

"A-Amy I can't b-breathe." He patted her back to alert her. Amy finally let go of sonic with tears coming from her eyes. "Where were you I've been calling you for weeks?!!" She desperately asked. My ears lowered down from her tone of voice. Her voice is annoying but I obviously keep it to myself.

He explain to his friends on what had happened, but I think he is lying. Think about it, if where his hometown lives is dangerous then why didn't they just move to a safer place? And even though he wasn't allow to have electronics, he could've still left a letter for us to know that he left or something! He can't just come back 2 months later and explain in 2 sentences. He's definitely hiding something.

Sonic's POV:

I've been noticing Shadow's behavior ever since our friends arrived, what it something I said? I should just put it aside and ask him about it when we talk later. I'm a little worried about him though. "So what should we do?" Silver asked the gang. He was wearing a oversized plain black sweater with grey jeans. "How about UNO?" Amy replied and everyone agreed. She was also wearing a light green dress with a black leather belt.

"I dunno' UNO breaks friendships. Don't leave after this one Sonic." Knuckles joked and I went along with it, I missed his sense of humor. In fact I missed everyone! "And don't break the table again, knucklehead." I snapped back, and smirked at my friend. He laughed and took off his gloves so he could shuffle the cards. He made little card tricks too, what a showoff.

We got our cards and started playing, We played the champion challenge. 2 people of the 6 vs each other until 1 person wins. Only 6 people was playing so this took about an hr to finish.

Me and Shadow was in the champion round, AKA last round and we placed bets on the future loser. "I'm the UNO king Shadz, you can't beat me." I said confidently. " HA! Watch me take your crown in front of everyone." Shadow said with his hot smirk. I averted my eyes away from his face, he always distracts me, it's like he's my weakness. I heard "Ooo's" from the others and I playfully rolled my eyes. I placed a red 7 down and he placed a 4+ card. "UNO!" Shadow yelled, he smiled maliciously but I had something prepared for him. I stacked a 4+ and I smiled evilly. Everyone was watching, the tension between us was so thick that you can cut it with a saw. He then laughed at me, I paused and look at him confused. My eyes widen when he placed down another 4+ and ended the game.

Everyone was cheering for the winner and Shadow stood up as his confidence got the best of him." Fine, you won, what do I have to do?" I said, a little salty that I lost but whatever. "You'll find out later~" he said slyly. He left me confused and went to the kitchen. "Wow, you lost to your rival, how lame." Knuckles said trying to humiliate me. "Bro you lost in the first round vs Blaze." Silver said, and I started laughing. Knuckles grumbled and marched away angrily. "Nice one Silv!" I said as I high fived him.

3rd POV:

Hours later everyone left and said their goodbyes.
Sonic looked around and see Shadow out of sight. "Uhh Tails did you see Shadow leave?" Sonic asked as he turn towards the fox. "Oh yeah, like 30 minutes ago." Tails stated. Sonic was shocked, he doesn't remember the hedgehog leaving at all. He got up and walked towards the door. "I'mma find him, we didn't do that 'bet thing' yet." He said and walked out of the door. He is a man of his word, he never backs down on a bet or dare.

He went to Shadow's house and knocked on the door, revealing Rouge in her night dress. "Why hey Sonic, what's up?" She said, her silk voice lingering his ears. "I-I wanna know if Shadow's home?", Sonic stuttered, averting his eyes away her revealing dress. "Uh no? I thought he was with you. I texted him and he said so." Rouge said as she looked into her phone messages. "Oh.." Sonic said, a little upset that he wasn't at home. "I'll text him. Thanks and have a good night!" The blue hedgehog said and waved a goodbye to his white bat friend. "You too!" She replied and closed the door.