A Bond between friends

Sonic's POV:

That was the first time we developed a connection without fighting. I smiled at that and I walked out of the door wrapped in a towel. I saw shadow in the next room and smiled at me. That's was weird, shadow smiling?? I must be seeing things. He walked towards me and gave me a pair of clothes. "It's nice to see you again sonic." Shadow smiled and side-hugged me. My towel almost fell and I grabbed it quickly, my faced heated up at the thoughts of not catching it in time. "Wow, what's up with you, did find the 4th chaos emerald?" I joked. Shadow turned around so I can change. "Nah, I've changed sonic and I was thinking.." he said, I paused, I was surprised. "How about we start over? And be friends?" Shadow asked, he sounded nervous about it. I finished putting on my clothes, a light brown sweater with a cute bear on it, and beige pants.

I looked at him and smiled, "I've been waiting for this conversation to happen. I thought I had to force you." I smirked and he smiled back at me. "Let's head down, Rouge is making breakfast." I forgot that they lived together. I nodded and followed him down the stairs. I checked out Shadow, he was wearing a long sleeve, red striped shirt with baggy black pants. "I love your style," I said and sat down near the table. "Thank you" he said before he started eating his coffee beans. He's unpredictable and I love it. "You know, there's a lot of things that I love about you." I said, my smiled turned into a smirked. He looked at me in shock, "r-really?" He asked. "Yea, your personality, your quills, you--" I paused and my face felt like it was on fire.

Shadow's POV:

Sonic said that there's a lot of things he love about me. I felt my stomach hurt from hearing the L word from him. "Yea, your personality, your quills, you-" he stopped talking and his face turned red, what was he trying to say? "yyyYYOUR VOICE." He yelled, my ears fell down at that unexpected volume in the hedgehog's voice. Our conversation was on hold when Rouge placed down 3 plates of pancakes and sausage. She was wearing a hot pink, sleeveless turtleneck with a hole on her chest and a black leather skirt. "Hey blue how you feeling?" She smiled and flutter her eyes at the hedgehog. It's normal if it's Rouge.

" I'm feeling great! Now that you got me breakfast I mean." He said and I chuckled at his response. The room was in complete silence, it was almost awkward. I want to ask him about what happened during these months, but I decided to leave it be. He'll tell me if he wants too. "So what happen hun? You missed a lot of events, even Eggman started to worry." Rouge asked desperate for an answer. "I had to go to my hometown and take care of my family, it's pretty far away and dangerous." He said smiling. Rouge was happy to hear that he wasn't in danger.

I've been forced to be with Sonic for a while, and that's not one of his smiles, it's fake. I frowned at that, he fooled rouge but not me. "Thats great, I hope your family is doing great also." She said, she went to the kitchen to get seconds. Sonic's ear fell down hearing that, I frowned also. "Yeah... they are doing just peachy." He said with a hint of sadness in his voice, Rouge didn't take notice though.

We finished our food and sat down on the couch. Me and Sonic sit next to each other while Rouge is beside sonic. "Why don't we go somewhere? Like our friend's house? They would love to see you!" Rouge said while changing the channel. Sonic frowned and said, " I don't think they'll want to see me, after so long.."

I got up and took Sonic's hand, helping him up. "It's okay, your friends will love to see what your up to. Trust your gut on this one, I know you miss them." I said and smiled at my companion. "Our friends." He corrected and smiled. "So you guys ready for a reunion?" Rouge asked happily. We both nodded, she then walked away to find the car keys. I then realized that I was still holding his hand, entwining mines into his. I immediately release my hand and apologized. There goes that feeling in my stomach again.

3rd POV:

Rouge and the others were in the car, Shadow driving, Sonic in the passenger seat, and Rouge in the back seat. The car was a Black SUV car with red strikes, it's Shadow's car, but he let's Rouge use it. "I could've just ran there.." Sonic groaned and Shadow smirked. "Could you? Look at yourself right now." He said chuckling at the hedgehog. He was referring to Sonic's bandaged legs. He couldn't convince Shadow that he can run in this condition. "Whatever." Sonic huffed and turned away from the black and red hedgehog.

They made it to Tails house and knocked on their door. Sonic hid away to surprise the fox. Tails opens the door, "Oh hi Rouge and Shadow! It's nice to see you." The boy smiled at them. "Back at you, we brought you a gift. But can we come inside?" Shadow asked.  "Of course! Come in!" He replied and opened the door wide enough for the two to come inside. "Oh I'll close the door" Rouge said and Tails turned around, long enough for the blue hedgehog to get in without notice. "So a gift? That's really nice of you, but I don't have one for you.." Tails said frowning. "Oh don't worry hun! This gift doesn't need to be given back." His bat friend winked at him and left him confused.

"So where is it?" Tails asked. "Right behind you buddy." A soft voice was heard behind Tails. He turned to see the cobalt hedgehog smiling. He was surprised and also very happy as he hugged Sonic tightly. "Sonic! I've missed you." The fox said with tears rolling down from his eyes. "Cmon' Tails, you know I don't know what to do in a situation like this." Sonic said and wiped Tails tears off of his baby face.

"But I don't understand, I contacted you but no answer.." Tails said as he released Sonic from his embrace. "I had to take care of my family, you know them and their strict rules about technology, and how far away they are." Sonic said. Part of it was true, but there was more into the story that he couldn't tell. He felt like a coward knowing that he won't even tell his best bud about his situation.  Tails smiled and said, "Oh yeah I remember that they locked my machines away so I can play UNO with them". He laughed at the memory, but then frowned. "Are they okay though?" He asked, this is when Sonic lies again.  " Yeah they are doing great." Sonic fake smiled.

Shadow noticed that he was faking his smile again.
Tails was a little suspicious of his answer but he ignored it and went to the kitchen to get some refreshments.