The truth

Sonic's POV:

After I told Tails what had happened, he was sad, and kept apologizing for doing nothing about it. "Stop blaming yourself Tails, it's not your fault at all." I said and smiled at my fox friend. "That's a load of bullshit!" He yelled, he slammed his hand against the table hard. My smiled faded and my eyes widen in shock. He actually cursed. "Sorry about my language. It's just that you've been saving their lives Sonic. They shouldn't treat you like that for an accident that happened from crossfire. " he said and he shook his head. "Well I guess that's what fame is like after all. It could happen to you or any of our friends." I said disappointingly. Then Tails stood up and marched towards me in Anger. This was a new look for Tails and I didn't like it. "And you think that when this happens to you—you don't matter in a situation like that." He stated. He was right, after all I do to help my friends, I don't seem to take much care with myself.

He hugged me tightly and said, "Don't make me lose you Sonic." his voice breaking between sentences. This got me straight in tears I never thought that being supported this much will take a turn with my emotions. I hugged him back and we started crying together. What a brother moment.

3rd POV:

Sonic got tired from the crying session and jumped onto the bed with his face down in the pillow. He sighed and drifted to sleep. But then a phone call disrupted his slumber. He groaned and picked up his bright phone, it was Shadow. He answer the FaceTime to see a half naked hedgehog that is sweaty from his gym workout. Sonic was now fully up from the lack of surprise. "S-Shadow! What's up?" He said, trying to ignored the hedgehog's appearance. While he was at it he accidentally took a screenshot of Shadow. Shadow didn't take notice though. "Sorry we're you sleeping?" Shadow asked curiously. Sonic looked at the phone carefully, Shadow's 6-pack abs was shiny from the light and his flushed face was the effect from the slightly warm room. "Well I was about to be sleeping so what is it?" Sonic said, his face instantly flushed from looking at his faker's body. "I have this mission in 2 days with Rouge and the commander insists you to come." He said. Sonic was confused but he agreed to go because he was bored.

"Alright I'll see you soon faker" he said. "Drink water before you sleep K? Goodnight." Sonic waved at his phone and Shadow waved also. Shadow ended the call and left Sonic alone in his dark blue room. He slowly drifted to sleep to have wonderful dreams.

dreamland (Sonic's POV)

I was on a round but small hill surrounded with beautiful nature. The area filled with many sunflowers and a beautiful waterfall, I smiled at this. Shadow was walking through the fields, unaware that I was here. "Hey Shadz!" I waved to him while I was running beside him. He grabbed a blue orchid out of nowhere. "I like to look at the blue orchids, they remind me of you." He said and smiled at me gently. His compliments always calms me in some way. He held my hand and entwined his fingers with mine. I jumped at that but I didn't let go. "What's wrong Shadow?" I asked with my face blushed. "In my eyes you're really beautiful to me." He said and cupped my face like I was a fragile rose. "S-Shadow what are yo-" before I can even finish he kissed me. His lips connected to mine was the best thing I've felt in a while. He let go of me and our faces were as red as roses. What's is going on? "I love you Sonic." He said.

Next morning

I jolted awake my face and hands were feeling hot. Was it really a dream? It felt so real... I checked the time and it was only 10:15 am. What is wrong with me, he doesn't like me—he's probably pitying me after what happened. But what if he's not? He was acting nice when he first found me. I held my head from all of these confusing emotions.