Chapter 2: Hope

(F/n) - First name
(L/n) - Last Name
(M/n) - Mother name

(Y/N) Pov

It's been almost a year-a year since I lost my best friend.

I never felt like this.

Is that what Frisk felt when her parents were gone?
Like a part of you, vanished, you know it won't come back.

Since Frisk left, Angle and I have gotten closer.
It wasn't easy for the two of us, it took Angel an entire year to return to herself.
I didn't tell anyone, but a few months ago, I went to Mount Ebott, trying to find her.
I saw that pit, it reminded me of something, but I don't understand what.

That place made me feel weird like I shouldn't be there, that it's not my place to be.
I thought about jumping, but thinking about my parents, about Angel, I couldn't.

I still had hope, that Frisk would come back.

...

As I woke up, I was about to go to school, I texted Angel to check if she was coming today.
both of us took our time before returning to school, and we still don't go sometimes, sometimes it's just too hard.

While I waited for her to answer, I made myself some cereal and watched the news alongside my mother and father.
Angel texted me, "Hey (F/n), I think I'll pass today".
"damn", I thought to myself, another school day I'm all alone.
Even after a year, I couldn't get myself to make new friends, pathetic.

Just as I was finishing my food, a "breaking news" screen popped up.
I wonder what could happen so early in the morning to justify it being "breaking news", it's only the sunrise.
"BREAKING Monsters seemingly left Mount Ebott, local forces are on their way, please refrain from getting near Mount Ebott until further notice".

I just looked at the screen, with my mouth open. Mount Ebott.. Monsters..? I thought that was just some old tradition to keep kids out of there...
Wait, does it mean.. Frisk..?

I looked over to Mom, she seemed to be very focused on the news right now.

"BREAKING a missing child was found alongside the monsters, the child seems to fit the description of a girl going missing a year ago, named Frisk. Police have requested anyone that is in close relation with the child to come to the scene. "

..Is this for real?
Is Frisk back?
At this point, I drop my spoon on the table, looking at my mother. I guess I won't be going to school after all.

As I look at my phone, Angel is spamming me.
"(F/n)!! HAVE YOU SEEN THE NEWS???"
"THEY SAY FRISK IS BACK, MY PARENTS AND I ARE ON THE WAY TO THERE"
"PLEASE COME ASAP"

It feels weird, I feel happy, scared, ashamed, and confused.
It's all mixed as I try to get a hold of myself, my mother in the meanwhile gets prepared to go there, while my father helps her.
I texted Angel back,
"We are on our way", that's all I could get myself to text her.
Mom and I get in the car and start driving to Mount Ebott.

Angel Pov

"I can't believe she's back", I say quietly to myself.
I started tearing up, shaking in place as my heart beats nonstop, not sure if it was real or not.

as my mother drives me to Ebott, I can't help but think about what's on (F/n)'s mind.
What happened to her in that year? was she the one that freed the monsters from Ebott? did they harm her? how did she even survive an entire year in that mountain?
I hope I'll be able to ask her.