Fifteen

Seeing the group of males fight was amazing.  There were three rounds, and the winners of each round fought each other.  The first was done in human form, and I could see who was physically strongest in their human form – Theo, by the way – but the next two rounds were done in wolf form, which was so much cooler.  It was awesome to see the differences in sizes of the wolves and coloring especially.  Grayson was the only one of them who retained his natural eye color; the other's eyes changed to amber or a Mercury color.  Zack was by far the smallest wolf, his coat the same color as his hair, though he had dark brown paws.  Before they had started, Bentley had whispered to me that Zack and Grayson  were the ones to watch, because they were the only two who had lost only one fight during their entire training, and it had been to each other.

He was right, and they were the two that had been paired up in the end, their wolves slipping over each other trying to gain some sort of upper hand.  Finally, Theo called it a draw and the two men grudgingly returned to their wolf forms.  Grayson had made me turn away from them when they Shifted – it was sweet he didn't want me seeing other guys' junk – but I don't think he realized that windows are reflective. 

But it was in the end that I really liked Grayson, because he came and gave me a hug when he had finished.  He was shirtless and sweaty, which sounds like it would be gross, but it was a look that he wore very well.  He also smelled really good, which was kind of surprising. 

Sweaty and exhausted, Grayson led me to the room we were going to be staying in during our visit.  It was a good-sized suite, with a kitchen, living room, and one bedroom.

Which meant we would have to share a bed.

My mother would be so proud of me.

We lounged around for a little bit, and I was just taking in where I was and the new community I was a part of.  It was around dinnertime when Grayson finally got up from where we were sitting on the comfortable couch and began to make us a dinner of Alfredo with grilled chicken and sautéed mushrooms and a cream sauce.  Grayson was actually a really good cook – like, as good as or better than my mother. 

I heard a knock on the door as I was cutting the mushrooms, and Grayson nodded for me to go get it, that he could handle everything else.  I opened the cream-colored door and was met with air, surprisingly.  I didn't think that Shifters could turn invisible, unless Grayson hadn't told me something.

A slight tug on my pants made me look down, revealing a tiny girl who looked to be about four years old or so, with long brown hair that dragged down her back in two pigtail braids.  Her brown eyes sparkled in the light as she looked up at me with a small smile on her pink lips.

"Are you Jonah?" she asked me in her adorably high pitched voice.  Her tiny hands pulled at the edge of her dress, a purple ruffled thing that went down to her knees, two miniscule hair clips that sparkled in her hair right above her ears, and the ponytails were the same color of purple as her dress.  I was guessing that purple was her favorite color.  Her shoes matched the outfit as well, with little silver buckles. 

"I am," I said.  "And who are you?"

"I'm Tiffany," she said, as if she were arguing with me.  It was like I had said that her name wasn't Tiffany, and she was trying to argue that it really was.  I noticed that lots of kids did it.  "Is Uncle Grayson here?"

"Uncle Grayson?" I asked, unsure.  Grayson had never told me that he had a niece. 

"Yeah," she told me as she nodded vigorously.  I leaned out of the doorway to look down the hall and see if Tiffany had any parents around.  There were no adults in sight, and I was curious to see how Tiffany had gotten here on her own.  "Daddy told me that Uncle Grayson was visiting."