Not broken

"Don't come any closer, please!"
"Y/N.."
You raise your hand and stop him from coming any closer to you. You struggle to keep him away from you, hand shaking by the strain of using your powers.
"Just stay away, I can't control this"
At the same time your mind is screaming at him to help you. He hears your thoughts loud and clear.
"Y/N, let me come closer, I can and will do anything to help you"
"N-no, I'm dangerous"
"Only when you want to be"
You stare at him, still holding your hand towards him. You look down, then lower your hand, so that he can come closer. He walks himself closer until he's right in front of you.  He then proceeds to grab your chin gently, making you look up to his brilliantly blue eyes. You collapse on your knees, he kneels and moves his arms around you.
"Why, why do you keep doing this? I'm broken"
"That is the exact reason why, because you're not broken"
You look up at Charles with teary eyes.
"You really mean that?"
"With every fiber of my being"
He gently guides you to stand as well as standing up himself. He then grabs your hand and puts his other hand on your lower back. You two walk down the path to the mansion.
He promised you one thing that day and that promise is being fulfilled every single day, that the would help you. And so far he has done a remarkably good job. With him by your side you can take everything life decides to throw at you.