A New Task

(Molly's POV)

Another extermination had come and gone.

My 76th extermination, damn, time flies! I thought, taking a drag of my cigarette.

Vox and Valentino don't care if we smoke indoors since they do it all the time. I wasn't a huge smoker in life, but since arriving here, it's become something of a habit. This extermination had been different than all the rest I have witnessed. The exterminators only targeted the Hazbin Hotel, so all the rest of us were safe. (Not that I wasn't safe before). I usually didn't pay any mind to extermination. I mainly ignored it. However, I watched it in its entirety via Vox's "security" cameras this time since my twin brother was in the middle of the fight.

He fought well and left the battle with barely a scratch. Though, the same couldn't be said for Alastor. He lost to Adam and retreated before he could finish him off. Vox was ecstatic. I hadn't seen him that happy since before Alastor returned into the spotlight. Him, Valentino, and Velvette are having some sort of party celebrating Alastor's defeat and Adam's downfall at the hands of the hotel's maid, Niffty.

As I put out my cigarette in the ashtray next to me, I noticed Alastor suddenly reappear and reunite with the hotel residents. My mouth hung agape for a moment before I sighed and rubbed the bridge of my nose.

Vox is not gonna like this. I thought before making my way toward the Vs and their party.

I entered the room and was greeted by Velvette rapidly typing on her phone and Vox and Valentino making out on the hot pink heart-shaped seat in the center of the room. I rolled my eyes before approaching the two. I cleared my throat, but neither of them noticed and continued to sloppily make out. Vox's hand traveled up Valentino's fishnetted thigh, causing me to cringe.

"Sir," I stated firmly.

Only then did Vox turn his attention onto me. He broke away from Valentino, patting his thigh as a signal for him to get off of his lap before grinning at me.

"Spectra, darling, to what do we owe the pleasure of this visit?" He asked, rising from the seat and wrapping an arm around my shoulders.

After obtaining my soul, he gave me the stage name, Spectra. Now, I sing as part of his TV broadcasts and perform for the citizens of the Pride Ring.

"Well, I hate to interrupt this...intimate celebration-" I began as he went to pour himself a drink.

"But?" Vox drew out menacingly, setting down the bottle and raising his cup to his lips.

"Alastor is back," I replied, shrieking as Vox shattered the glass in his hand.

"WHAT?!" He yelled, his screen glitching.

"I saw it on your cameras and thought you'd like to know asap," I explained, avoiding eye contact with the raging television.

"Calm the fuck down, Vox!" Velvette snapped, looking up from her screen. "I cannot deal with another blackout right now!" After that, she returned to her screen.

"Vel is right, Voxy," Valentino purred, grinning while putting a hand on his shoulder and another on his chest. "Just because he is back does not mean he is at full power. He has to be severely weakened after that fight. He's nothing to worry about."