Chapter 7. Conflict

"What the bloody hell is going on here?" a familiar voice says and it startled me. 

Mattheo opens his eyes, stands straight and turns around to see who's in the room with us. I look pass Mattheo and see my brother walking up to us. He seems quite furious and he's breathing heavy like a bull who's prepared to charge.

I watch anxious how Draco walks up to Mattheo and stops a few inches from his face.

"Did you not hear me Riddle?" Draco growls in Mattheo's face. Shivers are running down my spine. Yep, he's pretty pissed off.

"Getting to know that precious sister of yours" Mattheo answers with a smirk on his face.

"Stay away from her" Draco growls back. 

"What if I don't?" Mattheo says with a smirk testing him.

"Don't test me" Draco says in a low voice and he balls his fist.

Mattheo inches closer to Draco, looks him straight in the eye and gives him a devilish smile. 

It looks like Draco is fuming. I don't know what or why this is even happening. Should I stop it, before it gets worse? This is not how I've imagined my first party would end. Before I made up my mind, Draco launched his fist towards Mattheo's face.

Mattheo is quick and dodge it, but this doesn't stop Draco from trying to punch him. Draco keeps launching his fists at Mattheo.

After a few missed punches, Mattheo takes out his wand. "Stupefy!" Mattheo says and the spell successfully hits Draco, who got launched in the air and falls hard on the floor.

Without thinking I run pass Mattheo to Draco. "Are you hurt?" I ask worried as I try to help him stand up.

Draco spits on the floor and tries to stand up. He takes out his wand,  points it at Mattheo and says "Confr-." I interrupt him by standing in front of his wand and say sounding desperate "Stop. Please."

He looks at me for a second and lowers his wand. "Fine" he snarls at me at takes my hand leading me out of the Common Room. I quickly glance over to see Mattheo. He just stands there with his fists balled as he's looking directly in my eyes.

Draco picked up his pace as he dragged me along. My legs are shorter than his and it's getting hard to keep up.

I'm still not sure what the hell happened back there and I need to know.

I managed to free myself from his grip as we paced down a corridor. "Stop" I gasped and I leaned on my legs to catch my breath.

Draco stands in front of me struggling to not stay mad. "You heard me. Stay away from him" he says worried.

"Draco. N-nothing happened" I say still out of breath.

"That didn't seem like nothing Y/n. Just listen to me for once. I don't want you too involved with him" he says softer. He's not sounding angry anymore, just worried. He cares.

My breath has returned to normal and I stand up straight. I see his silvered eyes piercing through me. He really wants me to stay away from Mattheo. Why? It's not that I want to be with him, but he just happens to be around. And it's not that there's something going on between him and I. What was he even trying to do? Kiss me? No. He was definitely teasing me.

"Draco. Listen. There's really not going on. I'm just being nice to him, because he's your friend" I say trying to assure him.

"Just watch out" Draco replies and looks away gloomily.

I step closer to him and grab with both hands his face, lift his head up so our eyes meet. "I will" I say and give him a small smile.

I thought I made an easy promise to stay away from Mattheo, because I didn't bump into him often anyway. However, it seems that I've made a mistake.