Chapter 8. Forbidden

Why was I so stupid to make this promise. It now seems that Mattheo just pops up everywhere after the fight and I'm really trying my hardest to avoid him. 

To be honest I feel bad about the whole fight, because it's my fault. If I hadn't run off from the party with Mattheo, none of this would have happened.

As annoying at it is that I have to avoid Mattheo, what's even worse is that Draco keeps a close eye on me. I can't go anywhere without the two following me around. Even though Draco doesn't want Mattheo to follow me, he says he's not and we just happen to walk into the same direction.

"Is it just me or is your brother stalking us?" Fallon whispers to me. 

We're sitting in the Library writing an essay for potions again. "You're not wrong" I say annoyed.

"What did you do?" Fallon asks not whispering anymore.

"I wish I knew what I've done" I say as if I really didn't know. Of course I did, but I don't want to tell her about that stupid conflict.

Fallon doesn't seem to believe me, but doesn't force me to tell it anyway. "Well you've must have done something really bad" she says looking at the annoyed face of my brother. "I mean he's really in a bad mood. I heard he's not that friendly with Mattheo anymore" she says curious.

"I've heard that as well" I say disappointed "Just ignore him. He'll return normal soon."

Fallon sensed that I didn't want to talk about it. So she just nods and we focus on our essays.

After half an hour Fallon packs her stuff "I'm sorry Y/n. I promised that I'll meet up with Ginny and Sierra in the courtyard. See you at dinner okay?" she says as she's feeling bad for me.

I haven't talked it out with Sierra and Ginny yet. I've tried, but they have ignored me several times. I know it's sad.

It's hard to make friends when everyone is already part of a group since first year. I'm lucky that my roomie hangs out with me from time to time. And I even thought that I've befriended Sierra and Ginny. Gosh, how wrong I was.

I nod at Fallon and she leaves the Library. I need to finish this essay, but I need to find a book about billywigs. 

As I stand in the animal aisle all alone, I've noticed someone watching me. A shadow standing just around the corner. It must be my brother, so I don't pay attention. I'm sliding my finger over the book spines searching for billywigs or insects.

I'm so focused that I didn't noticed the shadow approaching me. Suddenly a hand is placed on a book next to my hand. I jump up and see Mattheo standing just a few inches away from me. 

"You're such a scaredy-cat" he says and chuckles. 

I look around to see if Draco is nearby, but he isn't. "What are you doing here?" I whisper a bit shaken. I'm scared that another fight will happen if Draco sees us.

"Don't worry. He's not even in the Library at the moment" Mattheo smirks as he answers my thought.

"That doesn't make this okay" I say serious and try to walk away. 

He doesn't let me and steps in front of me trying to block me. I fold my arms and say annoyed "Can I help you with something?" 

He looks into my eyes and leans forward to get closer. "I just want to get to know you" he says and gives me a real smile. Not one of his many smirks. 

I roll my eyes and say "Well, that's too bad for you." And I walk away. He knows we're forbidden to talk to each other. Still it doesn't seem to stop him, but it does for me. That's what I thought anyway.