chapter 5

Everyday Netyiri and I would crack jokes about Jake. She would call him a Skxawng, which means moron. It was as if we never left the village and that I was part of the people again. 
    Every day, Norm and I would teach Jake Na'Vi. He's been less of an ass to him.

   "Your Na'Vi has improved. " I smiled as Norm and I were great teachers.
   "Well, I do have an amazing teacher." I was sitting with Jake at the small table as Norm was on the other side helping Grace with lab work.
   "If you're about to kiss, please do that outside." Grace complains.
   Jake and I let out a laugh as he grabbed my hand that was folded on the table.
    ''Can you say thank you?'' I asker.
    "Ireiyo." I shook my head, only for Norm to interrupt.
    "You gotta roll the r's." Jake continued to attempt to say the word, as I tried not to laugh each time. 
   ''Skawng.'' I exaggerated as I put a hand against my forehead as to take off invisible sweat.
    Every day, Jake has improved. He was just as fast as us. Sometimes, we would race. Netiryi would be the judge each time, and I would always win.
    "That's not fair! You had a head start!" Jake complained as I had my arms wrapped around Netyiri. 
    "Or women are just better than men.'' I laughed as Netyiri whispered Skawang in my ear.
  "What?" I just laughed even louder.

The next few days passed, and everything felt perfect. There were moments when Jake and I would get yelled at due to being idiots.
     Jake and I were able to get Grace to come visit the village again. I knew that it would be a great surprise. She was the only human in my life that I consider a mother.

  I was with Jake and Netyiri. The weather was warm and rainy. Netyiri jumped, she trusted herself as she fell down the tree.
   "Good luck." I kiss Jake quickly against the lips as I followed Netyiri and fall onto giant tree leaves.
   Jake was next as he fell threw vines and didn't fall gracefully.
    Netyiri just stares at him, as I stifled a laugh.
   Netyiri taught us how to hunt. To be as silent, I hadn't show a bow and arrow in a long time. I knew that I wasn't as great at it.
  "You must breathe in from here." Netiryi placed her hand on my stomach, as I breathed in deeply as she fixed my arm that was way too high.
   "Go." I was able to hit the target my first shot.
   "I still got it!" I placed the bow down to my side as I saw Jake stare at me.
   "What?" I asked, he just continued to stare into my eyes with a blank expression.
   "He's in love." She teased, I just rolled my eyes.
   It's been a month since Jake and I began training.  Netyiri said that I was finally able to finish my training so that I could become a hunter. But today we were finally able to hunt. 

  I was with Netyiri and Jake as we were crouched down in the dirt. The trees were our camouflage.
   I crouched down, as I was in a squatting position. I was aiming my arrow at a Thanator(I forgot the animal that Jake hits).
   It was about to charge as I was able to kill him. Jake already took his hunt.
    "I see you sister, and thank you. Your spirit with Eywa, your body stays behind to become part of the people." I stabbed the Thanator so that she was put out of misery.
    "You are both ready." Netiryi spoke. Me and Jake looked at each other as I smiled knowing what she was talking about. 

     The day has ended, life was starting to feel surreal. That I'm not even a human, I still continue to have dreams, that something bad is going to happen. I never talked about them, I just shake it off but something is coming.

     I opened my eyes as the day ended, each time getting out of the link continued to tire me out. But the rush of adventure kept me going.
    "You're beginning to grow pale. Have you eaten anything today?" I went to speak, only for Grace to throw a plate into my hands.
   "Go, sit." She demanded, as I chuckled sitting over at the table.
    "Yes mother." I stumbled a bit, my body was weakening from the link.
   "You okay?" Jake asked from my left.
    "Mhm. Just dizzy." I said.
    "You need a break from the link." Grace said.
   "I'm fine. Besides tomorrow we're going to be getting our Ikran. I'm ready to see Jake get his ass kicked by a banshee." I teased, taking a sip of my coffee.
    "And you're going to be doing any better?" I put a hand over my heart.
   "You're breaking my heart." I fake passed out.
    "Heart breaker." Norm said joining us in our conversation.
    "Yea Sully, such a heartbreaker." He sticks his tongue out as I do the same back.