Chapter 8- Memories Of The Past

Third Person POV

Michael, Trevor, Chidi, the people from the Bad Place, and the two Eleanors were currently in Michael's office trying to figure out how the whole mix-up happened.

While that was happening, the fake Eleanor was daydreaming about different sceneries though it was interrupted when Trevor snapped his fingers and said;

"Hey, dingdongs. We figured out what's happening here. The day you died, you were both in Phoenix, Arizona shopping at the same store" He then blew a raspberry after he said that.

"The 'real' Eleanor was attending a conference on the death penalty and you stopped by to pick up food for a local homeless shelter" Michael began to explain. "And 'fake' Eleanor was there buying margarita mix and a magazine called 'Celebrity Baby Plastic Surgery Disasters'.  Incredibly, you both died within the same 10,000ths of a second in the same traffic accident because Real Eleanor was trying to save Fake Eleanor's life by pushing you out the way of the truck"

"I guess you really botched that one, eh?" Fake Eleanor joked to the real one.

"I did, and I'm so so sorry" Real Eleanor apologized.

"It's all good"

"So how did you not realize you had the wrong Eleanor?" Chidi asked.

"Oh, we don't know what people look like... only names and profiles. On Earth, they're just dots on a map" Michael answered while showing a hologram.

"Whatever, we got our wires crossed, we picked up the wrong dot, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah" Trevor said. "Point is, there are two Eleanors. The nice, boring one is yours. The trash bag is ours... So, trash bag, let's go" He said getting off the table and behind the fake Eleanor.

"Wh-" Michael tried to interrupt.

"Let's hit it. And also... I'm still waiting on that smile gorgeous" He told Eleanor while holding her shoulders.

"Trevor, how about we negotiate? Maybe give you something else" Michael suggested.

"What in the world could you have that we don't" Trevor asked, still holding the fake Eleanor's shoulders.

"All right, how about a unicorn? Right? I bet you don't have one of those"

"No, that is true, yeah" Trevor nodded as he walked closer to Michael's desk.

Michael then laughed.

"Might be fun to skin it alive, eat its raw flesh, maybe break off the horn, grind it up, snort it. Ok, let's keep talking, yeah" Trevor said, now intrigued.

- - - - -

The others were now walking out of Michael's office, The fake Eleanor was about to leave before Michael stopped her.

"Fake Eleanor, a word"

"It's just me, man. You can just say, 'Eleanor'" Eleanor irritably replied.

"Sorry, it just makes things easier" Michael apologized. "Look, I'm not even sure how it would work for you to stay here now that we know there's a real Eleanor, but in the meantime, stay on your toes. Don't let Trevor get inside your head"

"Can I ask you something? Why are you helping me?" Eleanor asked.

"Well, Chidi and Shinjiro made a really good argument on your behalf, but it's more than that. I truly believe that the Good Place is where you belong. You're part of our team"

Well that's not something she expected to hear. She did kind of expect Chidi to say that as they're soulmates, but Shinjiro on the other hand, it was a complete surprise. It's not that she thinks he's a bad person or anything, in fact she secretly has a soft spot for Shinjiro and also Minako, it's just that she really didn't see him as the kind of person who'd do something like that.