Ajax/Onyx

He's always here. My co-workers mentioned how he just now started coming here regularly. Before I started working here he'd only be here like once or twice a month during the school year.

"Onyx," Onyx's co-worker Daphne poked him, causing him to pull away from his thoughts. "You've been drifting in and out of work."

"Sorry," the told her as he wiped down the counter. The beanie boy kept staring at him. A bit concerning to Onyx because he's from Nevermore. "That beanie boy is starting to creep me out."

"Ajax?" Daphne thought for a moment. "Yeah I guess it's pretty weird considering he's a gorgon and everything."

"He's a what!?" Onyx drop his rag, and quickly pick it up. He notice quickly that some people are looking over because the loud noise.

"Relax," Daphne smacks his back lightly. "You'll only turn to stone if you make eye contact with his snake."

"That didn't sound right," Onyx mumbled.

"Get your mind out of the gutter," she handed him a coffee. "Deliver his order to him."

"Alright," Onyx trailed off before walking over to Ajax's table. The tray he was carrying displayed a cup of hot chocolate, a croissant, and a small thing of butter for said croissant. With each step the normie took the more nervous he became. He took a deep breath and placed the tray down. "Here's your order," Onyx glanced at the boy and took everything in. He smelled like weed was the most obvious.

"Th-thanks," Ajax stared at him.

"You're welcome sir," Onyx nodded about to head back to the counter.

"Ajax," the boy told him. "My name is Ajax."

Onyx stopped and looked at Ajax. He gave him a nod, "okay Ajax. I'm Onyx. Onyx Valentino."

"I- I know," Ajax replied and Onyx gave him a confused look that made Ajax realize Onyx probably thought he was a weirdo. "Everyone kinda knows you, you're one of the first people to move here in awhile. You moved here with your brother right?"

"Um yeah," Onyx shifted on his feet a little uncomfortable. "We moved here from Georgia."

"If you ever need a tour guide I'm happy to help," Ajax smiled.

Onyx thought for a moment before nodding, "thanks Ajax."

"You're welcome. Just let me know when you'd like that tour," Ajax kept smiling.

"How about after my shift?" Onyx asked and he noticed a small blush form on Ajax's face.

"Yes! I mean yeah sure," Ajax gave him a thumbs up as Onyx nodded and went back to his counter. After a few minutes Ajax noticed Enid walk in. "Hi."

"You seem happy, nice to see a smile on your face," Enid sat across from him. She glanced at Onyx and then back to Ajax guessing his smile had something to do with the barista.

"He talked to me," Ajax smiled. "I'm giving him a tour of Jericho after he gets off work."

"You mean as in a date?" Enid smirked.

Ajax's eyes widened. "No, I- is it?"

"That's up to you and Onyx. Did you intend it to be one when you asked to give him one after his shift?"

"I only suggested giving him a tour, he suggested the time," Ajax replied.

"Oh nice," Enid smiled. "I'm glad your crush finally spoken to you."

Ajax really wanted the conversation to be away from himself, "speaking of crushes how's Wednesday?"

He saw Enid blush brighter than the pink in her hair. "She's fine."