Chapter 2: New Housemates

What were you thinking, Y/N?! What made you think you'd be able to handle housing a random and dangerous stranger in your home alone? No, a God that literally stabs people in the back! Okay, okay, calm down. Thinking of just the negative of this won't do any good to your mental health..
"Are you good, Y/N?" Snapping out of your thoughts, you quickly turn to look at Nick Fury, who was currently driving your car as you say in the passenger seat. "Oh, yes. I'm just... Well, I've never housed anything other than the occasional stray cat." Nodding, Fury kept his attention to the road, as if he knew exactly where your house was located. "Then just think of Loki as a big stray cat, with a flea collar and location tag on." Nodding, you sink back into your seat and stare out of the rearview mirror. A large black van was right behind your car, transporting Loki and his brother, and behind that the rest of the Avengers that came along. "Um, sir? Just... Just how am I qualified for taking on this... Responsibility?" You couldn't help it, it felt nerve wracking. "Well, first of all, you did agree to it." Oh, right. "And secondly, you're the most reliable person without a schedule. Right now, you're the best person for the job." Nodding, you lift your gaze back to the road ahead and softly tap your fingers against the bracelet a bit, your thoughts reflecting on the debriefing conversation earlier.

"Those bracelets you're both wearing are already connected to your heart rates and nervous systems. If you don't tap the fourth segment twice in under thirty seconds, it'll automatically send a shock to Loki and alert us that something might have gone wrong." You nodded, listening intently as you could. This was your life on the line, and anything could happen. Fury continued on. "We've already set up a perimeter and emergency locks in and around your house. Loki goes a hundred yards from you in any direction, we'll know. This won't last forever, but as long as he's housed under you, we'll make sure to keep you safe. I've also gone ahead and got you some extra groceries and emergency funds in case something ends up getting destroyed because of that lunatic. And he has plenty of clothes to change into."

Rubbing your temples in thought, you tried to think of something to do once getting home. You'd need to give him a tour of the home, for sure, and maybe make a meal. But what did Gods even eat? Fancy grapes and the tenderest of meats from rare animals? No, too much. At least you could cook a decent enough meal, that should be okay to do, right? And did Gods bathe, or prefer showers? Well, you'd find out once you got home. Like Fury said, it's like housing a big stray cat.
As you neared your home, you could definitely tell that there was a new no trespassing feel to it. Not only were there a few vans leaving, there were sleek and slender poles about ten feet high on every corner of the property. Fury pulled into the driveway of your home and parked, both of you getting out of the car. Rubbing your hands together nervously, you watched as the black van was parked with the engine still running, and the fancy sports car Stark owned park near yours. "Um... We.. welcome, to my home, I guess? I.. I've never actually had people over." You glanced over to see Thor leading Loki over with a tight grip on his shoulder, before you rubbed the back of your head. Nat looked up to your house. "Nice and quaint, I like it. Steve you could use a house like this." Giving a slight smile, Steve nodded to you to continue. Fishing out your house keys, you unlocked the door and walked in first, before letting them all come in. Your eyes met Loki's again as he was walked in, and you couldn't help but feel even more nervous. Not just alongside the lines of having a killer in your home, but a man. A good looking man at that. For whatever reason, you noticed a humorous glint behind those jaded eyes before your attention was taken away by Stark going through your stuff, and Captain getting onto him for snooping. "Um..-" "Wow, not a splash of paint anywhere. Lots of books to read, a lot of cartoon comics though." You walked over to him, carefully grabbing a book from his hand. "They're Japanese Manga.." "Right. So." Taking a phone from his pocket, Stark looked at you. "You've got a nice password for your stuff, but still hackable. A marathon of Hell's Kitchen is your kind of night out, huh?" Embarrassed, you rubbed your arm some. "Oh, well.. I mean.." "Listen, if Reindeer Games ends up burning your house down I'll make sure you get it built back up with some exciting colors. Maybe a library too for the clutter." Not knowing how to answer, you just nod. "Alright, that's enough Tony." Steve butted in, before softly patting your shoulder. "Could you show us around, please? If it's not too much trouble."