Deathstroke | Titans | Part 2

You look around and you are at the top of a skyscraper because of course, this night is getting worse

You look around and you are at the top of a skyscraper because of course, this night is getting worse. Is he going to drop you? The idea of heights alone is enough to twist your stomach in knots and make your head spin. You've always hated heights. It was a relief that you got acid generation instead of flight as a power because you would never use it.

Your hands shake behind your back as Deathstroke walks away and uses a control in his hand to send the two of you down a few floors. Your eyes are nearly bugging out of your head as you watch Deathstroke disappear the further down he sends you.

You look to Jason, fear in your eyes and you never told him you were afraid of heights. Sure, the two of you talk about trauma in a nonchalant joking way but actual real life fears? No. That is unknown territory to talk about with the two of you but he can tell with your wide eyes and rapid breathing that you're terrified. He can visibly see your chest heaving and your teeth chattering.

"You're afraid of heights, aren't you?" He asks as the cage comes to halt, still several stories up.

"Uh-huh." You nod, swallowing thickly as your mouth starts to feel like cotton mouth. "I hate heights. I hate them. I don't go on Ferris wheels because I'm terrified of being at the top. Like what if I get stuck there? Some Final Destination rollercoaster kind of shit. What if we fall? That sounds like a fucking terrible way to go out." You start speaking a mile a minute, half of your words almost slurring together form the rapid speech and chattering of your teeth. "OR WORSE WHAT IF WE LIVE?!?!? DO YOU HOW BAD IT'S GONNA HURT IF THIS FUCKER DROPS US AND WE LIVE?" The panic spits out like a venom.

Jason has no idea what to tell you. He could lie to you and tell you it's all gonna be okay, he'll figure something out. Dick will save you both but he doesn't think that'll happen. Deathstroke has seemed to have a pretty solid plan up until this point. And he knows Dick won't give up Rose which he kind of admires if he wants to be honest. But, there are two of you and one of her. Sacrifice two people that he knows for one girl he's known for a day? That's a bit unfair. But, he needs to find a way to calm you down because you're going to pass out if you don't. And he cannot believe heights are going to be the thing that freaks you out the most. Not Deathstroke or being kidnapped again. Heights.

"Can you get your hands out?" Jason moves his eyes behind you and back to your face and you shake your head rapidly, making the dizziness worse. You swear you're about to go into cardiac arrest.

"Can someone actually die from a panic attack? Like is that something that can happen? Because it really feels like I'm about to die because I think my heartrate is like 150 or something. I don't know what to do. Jason, you need to figure something out because I am literally going to lose it and I'm gonna have a heart attack and--"

"Y/n!" Jason yells just to get your attention and stop your rambling. He knows you're scared, though he can't pinpoint what about heights has you more afraid than Deathstroke. "Look at me." He sucks in a breath. "The fuck you so afraid of heights for? Scared a bird is gonna attack you or some shit?" He snaps, just trying to get you to fight back, hoping it'll be enough to distract you. "That's stupid fucking fear, you know that?"